• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickstarter projects
3 3

25 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, alxjhnsn said:

• The Steamworld Chronicles - The Constantine Quest pt.1    $75.00    SIMONSON SKETCHBOOK SETS
    • The artist offered me his proof, but I didn't take it because it was unfair to everyone else. The writer said he has the books in his garage. This was a very early KS and I suspect he underestimate shipping costs and labor by a lot

This one really annoyed me. Walter did a really nice sketch for me as part of this. Hoveke never sent it or my copy of the comic.  I got a pdf of the book.  He’s never replied to any emails

Matthew Dow Smith, comic artist who was writing a young adult novel. I left a comment the other day that the girl I was planning on reading this with is now in college, 8 years or so overdue. He recently said that it is close to done. I am supposed to get some art fromthe book but it has been forever and is very disappointing. 

I see Darryl Banks mentioned earlier; he was always top notch in delivering commissions on time so I would expect that one works out. :wishluck:

On 2/22/2019 at 12:26 PM, Dr_Strange said:

This one really annoyed me. Walter did a really nice sketch for me as part of this. Hoveke never sent it or my copy of the comic.  I got a pdf of the book.  He’s never replied to any emails

Worse, I talked to the artist and the books were printed and made it to Hoveke's garage and then it stopped. I suspect that he ran out of money to mail the books and pay the income taxes. That was pretty common in the early days of Kickstarter. The artist, Ben Risbeck, offered to send me a copy, but I declined since it would be unfair to everyone else.

Jim Lawson (from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) has done a few and all funded projects go out in a timely fashion.  He's a great human being and I've never been let down by his Kickstarter projects.  

He's got another one active right now:

Jim Lawson's current Kickstarter

My buddy Steve Mannion has just started his 6th Kickstarter project.  I've backed all of them.  He's gotten them done in good time.  That includes printing, commissions and mailing.  The art for his comic is pretty much done before he launches.  He keeps all the backers updated and keeps things light.

Steve's latest Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevenmannion/fearless-dawn-shorts-1-comic-by-steve-mannion