• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

The last four stragglers of my submission finally made it back to me. Any guess as to which one is going to ebay first? hm

TheFlash218FCCGC.jpg

HouseofSecrets95FCCGC.jpg

IronMan1FCCGC.jpg

And finally some redemption from my prior SME 15 submission that not only came back with CR/OW pages but also App. Slight(P)

SpecialMarvelEdition15FCCGC2.jpg

Not too bad on the last four I was waiting on.

There's nothing better than finding undergraded books at bargain prices. Found these BA gems, as well as about 6 others, during my travels this weekend. All were marked VG, but obviously grade out much higher, a couple in the 9.4 range.

The DD is one of the first Marvels I ever owned. I was given a coverless copy by our elementary school nurse, and it took years for me to figure out which issue this was once I began collecting. Probably a gorgeous 9.2 (slight impact ding along spine, otherwise near-perfect).

The Our Love Story 25 is just gorgeous. Probably a 9.4-the only thing that might keep it from a higher grade is a printing defect. Has very subtle roller indentations across the cover.

Finally, a sharp Love Stories 152. Book looks to be 9.2-ish, but a couple of breaking stress marks, a bindery tear at the LLC, and a non-breaking corner crease probably knock it down to a stunning 8.0. Still glad to take this grade on a tough book.

All a few bucks each. How's that for junk, Greggy?

52449-dd83.jpg.9ace7d0f145c8ac62e246ec765d7732d.jpg

52450-ols25.jpg.bee555d49347c5b586b09cc50e1fae2b.jpg

52451-ls141.jpg.35da93daec1d178ae3b9bb9d557c6ea3.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

This arrived in the mail today from Collin

FFANN2.jpg

That was one of the books I had the please of seeing when I visited Collin. What I found amazing about his collection (especially the OO books he purchased) was how white the pages were. Most of the books still had the "fresh off the presses" look and feel.

Living in Florida if a book is left in the car or garage for a day it starts to ripple and turn brown.