• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Here 2 of the very best covers done by King Kirby - ever!!! These colors are just off the scale...

I picked these recently from a couple of boardies, thanks guys!

Bill

BULLSEYE_01.jpg

BULLSEYE_05.jpg

Never seen those b4, very pretty.

WOW...I tend to forget books such as these by Kirby...unfreakinbelievable! Anyone who doesn't accept JK as a true Artist is clueless...for a book in '55 take a look at the boots on the cowboy to the left...total sci-fi groove, crossover genre-wise if you will...very interesting...with the Indian motif backdrop... a lot goin' on in this cover...a virtual visual smorgasborg...a kaliedescopic glimpse into the mind that was Kirby in 55...AMAZING! :headbang:

Kirby, though sometimes anatomically incorrect, is the master of comic book layout. Never again will someone be able to see a scene like the king.

Long live the king!

(worship)

One of the best days I have ever had in going to the post office...these all arrived today....needless to say I was thrilled to have an arm full of packages waiting for me at the post office.....held up the line for a few minutes too as the post lady had to have me sign for everything....best day ever at the post office... :cloud9:

Had to take a pictue as my scanner sucks... :P

img1921br7.jpg

Wow! Amazing haul! I'm soooo jealous!

:headbang:

One of the best days I have ever had in going to the post office...these all arrived today....needless to say I was thrilled to have an arm full of packages waiting for me at the post office.....held up the line for a few minutes too as the post lady had to have me sign for everything....best day ever at the post office... :cloud9:

img1921br7.jpg

Wow, that's quite a haul! Congratulations! :applause:

img1921br7.jpg

So that's who won the FF#122. hm Nice work!

Just got back from Emerald City Comicon and here's a couple to start with.

Got the Supe from Harley.

93e9d2e4.jpg

And, although I don't colellect Green Lama, I thought this was too cool a cover to pass up.

b5da1e76.jpg

Just got back from Emerald City Comicon and here's a couple to start with.

Got the Supe from Harley.

93e9d2e4.jpg

And, although I don't colellect Green Lama, I thought this was too cool a cover to pass up.

b5da1e76.jpg

What a beautiful Green Lama cover. Makes a pretty unknown character comic worth picking up.

Picked up three Sid's books from Burntboy. Look better in person the to TOS are super glossy!!! Then picked up a couple books for my daughter's ...ahem....collection :whistle:

5-5.jpg

I have 3 super heros Archies, haven't seen this one. Great comic. Does anyone have a list of the super hero Archies, think they would be fun to collect.

I finally manage to upgrade my TMNT 1st print at what I felt was a steal of a price...beautiful WHITE pages, deep blacks, and signed by both Eastman & Laird...I am VERY happy...

CGC1.jpg

Picked up this one tonight I will have a better photo when it arrives

I missed out on DrBanner's so I had to go elsewhere.

Very nice 6.0 :applause:

Thanks, I've seen higher graded copies that look worse. It has a slight possiblility of being a White Mountain. I doubt it, but the seller said it may be one. So it will be fun to try and figure it out.

I finally manage to upgrade my TMNT 1st print at what I felt was a steal of a price...beautiful WHITE pages, deep blacks, and signed by both Eastman & Laird...I am VERY happy...

CGC1.jpg

Nice book!!

CGC1.jpg

:applause:

Picked up this one tonight I will have a better photo when it arrives

I missed out on DrBanner's so I had to go elsewhere.

Very nice 6.0 :applause:

Thanks, I've seen higher graded copies that look worse. It has a slight possiblility of being a White Mountain. I doubt it, but the seller said it may be one. So it will be fun to try and figure it out.

Looks like it could be a WM. I would talk to cgcworld if you really want to find out. Of course he will probably want to buy it off you if it turns out to be a White Mountain.