• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Was it Strange Adventures that had the cover of the Sphinx on the moon?

I think it was a grey-tone cover.

It was:

230.jpg

What is it about grey-tone? I think I have never seen a grey-tone cover that I didn't like...

Was it Strange Adventures that had the cover of the Sphinx on the moon?

I think it was a grey-tone cover.

It was:

230.jpg

What is it about grey-tone? I think I have never seen a grey-tone cover that I didn't like...

I agree, I'd like to have them all. I wonder if they sold better off the newstand? And if so, why didn't they make more of them? Maybe they cost more to make...

By the way, the sphinx cover is actually a Murphy Anderson remake of Gil Kane's Mystery in Space 36...

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/database/comic-details.php?comicid=20143

Edited by JohnT

Just came in the mail today...

[font:Century Gothic]1st appearance of Dr. Faustus[/font]

cap107.jpg

One of my favorite late Silver age covers, striking. Nice pick ups.

:) thx bro! it was a tough find for me...and the FF#65.

Edited by akaSteveRogers

Back in 06, I purchased some very sweet HG TOD and WBN from Blowout, to start another TOD and WBN run(s). I did finish them up about 4 months ago, and along with my HG Giant Size Marvel run, they are part of the collection I cherish the most. I've put together numerous BA Horror runs, but these two are all HG and very sweet. As far as the CC collection goes, I'm still heavy into the Marvel BA Keys, as I've been since 98. Still always in the hunt for the SA keys, but the BA is where my collecting heart lies I guess, still, I have to work on the SA and CA boxes at some point in time. My next ambition is to do a HG raw Conan run 1-275 and all the GS issues. I've only done the Conan run once, and it was alot of fun, the ish 275 was a hard book to come by when I did it the first time, but that book seems to be more plentiful nowadays-Peace CC.

Still collecting and the coast has always been a great place to treasure hunt books. Purchased a nice collection about 6 weeks ago of SA and BA beauties. I mainly cooled on the MB in 06 due to lack of content, as every thread became a flame war...insults galore and just got clique as hell around here, but it seems to be more on track...and dare I say..more mature. I'm still a Licensed Contractor by trade, but the market has kept business down for me as well, but we did just move a very big $$ house this month which will close this coming Friday. Good to be Back.

Okay, enough chatter. More comics...

img550.jpg

img551.jpg

hm I thought Crazy was a magazine...never seen these.