• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

I love offbeat books like this. Nice copy.

J. Orliolo, does that say? Classic bigfoot/funny animal style. Do you know anything about him?

Jack

Probably Oriolo. Drew Felix for a long time. I hear there's a thread about it somewhere in GA :baiting:

Finally, here's little bio for Joe Oriolo who was also co-creator of Casper!

801857-JoeOrioloPhotos.jpg

"Joe Oriolo - Born February 21, 1913 in Union City NJ. Graduated Union Hill High & Cooper Union . His first job in the art field was as a Show Card Writer for Sears Roebuck. He was the Top Animator for Max Fleisher. While at Fleisher studios he worked on "Superman,” “Popeye,” and "Gulliver's Travels” as well as doing high priority films for the Government. Joe created "Casper the Friendly Ghost" and was responsible for opening one of the earliest commercial TV studios in 1945, Felix the Cat Studios. Joe Oriolo produced 260 "Felix” cartoons for TV and also produced 130 "Mighty Hercules” films for TV. Joe's son, Don Oriolo, carries on Oriolo film studios today."

I love offbeat books like this. Nice copy.

J. Orliolo, does that say? Classic bigfoot/funny animal style. Do you know anything about him?

Jack

Probably Oriolo. Drew Felix for a long time. I hear there's a thread about it somewhere in GA :baiting:

Probably one of those inactive threads that sinks to page 15.

:baiting:

Finally, here's little bio for Joe Oriolo who was also co-creator of Casper!

801857-JoeOrioloPhotos.jpg

"Joe Oriolo - Born February 21, 1913 in Union City NJ. Graduated Union Hill High & Cooper Union . His first job in the art field was as a Show Card Writer for Sears Roebuck. He was the Top Animator for Max Fleisher. While at Fleisher studios he worked on "Superman,” “Popeye,” and "Gulliver's Travels” as well as doing high priority films for the Government. Joe created "Casper the Friendly Ghost" and was responsible for opening one of the earliest commercial TV studios in 1945, Felix the Cat Studios. Joe Oriolo produced 260 "Felix” cartoons for TV and also produced 130 "Mighty Hercules” films for TV. Joe's son, Don Oriolo, carries on Oriolo film studios today."

Thanks! Either a memory or a search would have gotten me there!

Jack

mf47.jpg

Great books Andy.

Love the More Fun. Man does that lion look surprised.

Now that is my idea of hunting, hand to hand combat with a prey that can hold it's own. The guy with the gun, I am not so impressed with his skills.

Poor bahstard, the lion already has spear through him, gets tackled by a Gracie trained grappler and has someone about to pump him full of lead.

Edited by GACollectibles