• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Ooops, had this in the "Just back from CGC" thread by mistake.

Although an oddball character, these two issues are hard to come by and especially nice to have since #18 ties in with Uncanny X-Men 140 and #19 is the 1st Jack O'Lantern (Hobgoblin II).

#19 only has two 9.6 copies in the census, which made this sweeter. The second copy belongs to someone on the board, so at least we kept it in the forum family.

Machineman18.jpg

Machineman19.jpg

:applause:

I like Machine Man!

4 awesome new books that I thought I would share of the 50 books I received yesterday. I hear those 9.8 can really be worth something, not so sure about the others. I like to collect a diverse range.

(Single Series = CGC 8.5)

So YOU were the one!! (worship):o:applause:

Yes I was the one.

I guess I still am the one.

The one what?

;)

Joe

Although an oddball character, these two issues are hard to come by and especially nice to have since #18 ties in with Uncanny X-Men 140 and #19 is the 1st Jack O'Lantern (Hobgoblin II).

#19 only has two 9.6 copies in the census, which made this sweeter. The second copy belongs to someone on the board, so at least we kept it in the forum family.

I like Machine Man!

I've fond memories of the mini series.

Actually I have no memory of the mini series except that I liked it at the time, but that's kinda fond.

Machineman18.jpg

Machineman19.jpg

I like Machine Man!

I started to like him a lot more after seeing his performance in marvel zombies 3. He kicked their spoon where no other could. :golfclap: Even got to get with jocasta.

MZ1.jpg

Machineman18.jpg

Machineman19.jpg

I like Machine Man!

I started to like him a lot more after seeing his performance in marvel zombies 3. He kicked their spoon where no other could. :golfclap: Even got to get with jocasta.

MZ1.jpg

Machine Man fans should check out the trades of 'Next Wave' if they haven't already. It's a fun, absurd book.

I DID IT! :headbang:

114 is finally in hand and I have finished my raw Ditko Dr. Strange ST 110-146 run...average grade 6.0...and I am officially stoked!

( :gossip: took a little over 4 months...would've been 3 months but took the last month to reel in the 114... )

STRANGE TALES 110 – 146

th_STRANGETALES110.jpgth_STRANGETALES111.jpgth_STRANGETALES11245.jpgth_STRANGETALES113.jpgth_STRANGETALES11470.jpg

th_STRANGETALES11565.jpgth_STRANGETALES116.jpgth_STRANGETALES117.jpgth_STRANGETALES11850.jpgth_STRANGETALES119.jpg

th_STRANGETALES120.jpgth_STRANGETALES121G.jpgth_STRANGETALES12255.jpgth_STRANGETALES123.jpgth_STRANGETALES12460.jpg

th_STRANGETALES125.jpgth_STRANGETALES12665.jpgth_STRANGETALES127.jpgth_STRANGETALES128.jpgth_STRANGETALES12950.jpg

th_STRANGETALES130.jpgth_STRANGETALES13155.jpgth_STRANGETALES132.jpgth_STRANGETALES133FN.jpgth_STRANGETALES13465.jpg

th_STRANGETALES135FN.jpgth_STRANGETALES136.jpgth_STRANGETALES13765.jpgth_STRANGETALES138.jpgth_STRANGETALES139.jpg

th_STRANGETALES14060.jpgth_STRANGETALES141.jpgth_STRANGETALES14260.jpgth_STRANGETALES143.jpgth_STRANGETALES144.jpg

th_STRANGETALES145.jpgth_STRANGETALES14675.jpg

My Heroes haul.

First two were bought from a booth I did not think to get the name of, in my infinite wisdom. Leroy Harris? Something like that;

JLA 67. Book is purrrrrrtty. On the edge of my collecting interests, but the book's really, really nice

JLA_67s.jpg

Doom Patrol 86. Tough, tough, tough book to find in anything above a VF. I think this makes the cut. Regardless, nicest copy I've seen in three years of looking

DP_86.jpg

And the first book in a grail run for me, Phantom Stranger 4. As a normative HG collector, it's tough to justify buying a lower grade book, but this title's not exactly Amazing Spider-Man in terms of its scarcity. Many thanks to Dale Roberts for both being patient with me and giving me a hassle-free deal on the book. I can't recommend him enough if you're looking for tightly-graded, quality material. Can you feel the love?

Phantom_Stranger4.jpg

My Heroes haul.

First two were bought from a booth I did not think to get the name of, in my infinite wisdom. Leroy Harris? Something like that;

JLA 67. Book is purrrrrrtty. On the edge of my collecting interests, but the book's really, really nice

JLA_67s.jpg

Doom Patrol 86. Tough, tough, tough book to find in anything above a VF. I think this makes the cut. Regardless, nicest copy I've seen in three years of looking

DP_86.jpg

And the first book in a grail run for me, Phantom Stranger 4. As a normative HG collector, it's tough to justify buying a lower grade book, but this title's not exactly Amazing Spider-Man in terms of its scarcity. Many thanks to Dale Roberts for both being patient with me and giving me a hassle-free deal on the book. I can't recommend him enough if you're looking for tightly-graded, quality material. Can you feel the love?

Phantom_Stranger4.jpg

I feel it!!! All the way from NC to KY.

I DID IT! :headbang:

114 is finally in hand and I have finished my raw Ditko Dr. Strange ST 110-146 run...average grade 6.0...and I am officially stoked!

( :gossip: took a little over 4 months...would've been 3 months but took the last month to reel in the 114... )

STRANGE TALES 110 – 146

Great books Tom. I love Dr Strange.