• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

See? We had to send a slab across the continent four times PLUS a trip across the Atlantic Ocean to get a damaged slab with NO packaging, and it still looks better than that!!!

No excuse...

-slym

I asked him to send me 18 dollars to get reslabbed... the $11 plus shipping. I usually pay about 25 CDN but I thought I'd lower it a bit for him. But he wants me to send it to USPS for investigation first. :screwy:

I asked him to send me 18 dollars to get reslabbed... the $11 plus shipping. I usually pay about 25 CDN but I thought I'd lower it a bit for him. But he wants me to send it to USPS for investigation first. :screwy:

You should ask for $45. The $11 re-slab fee and the $30 or so dollars for return shipping. CGC no longer ships books in different tiers back together so you won't be able to submit other books, unless they are re-slabs, and take advantage of return shipping.

Thank you guys for your concern and consideration in this matter.

The seller shipped in a USPS box but the one that fits the slab exactly with no bubble wrap on the ends. When I first opened the box and saw no bubble wrap on the end I thought " I cant believe it wasn't damaged" and then the corner fell out onto my lap.

I dont mind asking for the actual price I'll pay, which would be the $11 plus S+H, as he tried to ship securely but just didn't try hard enough I guess. He just used a small box that fit the slab end to end with no excess to spare for padding.....

Anyway, its a really nice book and I just dont want anything to happen to it while being shipped back and forth. I think its a waste of time and energy to have USPS investigate for what should be a simple solution.

Edited by Twistty1

Heard great things about this two part series but haven't ever read it.

Finally won a bid on ebay for it.

Is it as good as people say?

Been a while since I read that one, but you can't go wrong with the sky-rider of the spaceways!

Just received in the mail today. :tonofbricks: Thanks constellationventures !

photo9.jpg

Was it packaged well? In a box or in envelope betrween cardboard at least?

If not, I would definately be asking for $55 back

It does look like a very nice 9.2 though! I hope the reslabbing goes smoothly for you.

My scanner isnt the best for CGC books, upon further investigating this book i find that my grading standards compared to CGC's are very strict. I found things on this book and a few other that are already graded that i would not allow on 9.6. This is no shot at CGC btw i think they are a great company.

317d0s7.jpg

What would you have given it?

My scanner isnt the best for CGC books, upon further investigating this book i find that my grading standards compared to CGC's are very strict. I found things on this book and a few other that are already graded that i would not allow on 9.6. This is no shot at CGC btw i think they are a great company.

317d0s7.jpg