• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

From the TO Con on Sunday.

Amazing Spider-Man #26, July 1965 (April 1965, newsstand). Steve Ditko cover.

ASM26FJuly65.jpg

As usual in these early Spider-Man comics, Peter Parker gets as much "air time" as Spider-man ... and poor Peter can't get a break.

Betty Brant is all over Peter about Liz Allen and, as Betty had met Mary Jane Watson in issue #25, she's not to happy about him having a "secret" girlfriend who is "very hard to miss seeing!" To top things off, Liz Allen no longer wants to have anything to do with Peter when she sees Peter having a brawl with Flash and his cronys.

Can things be worse? His Aunt May confiscated his Spider-man costume the previous issue and Peter is reduced to buying an ill-fitting Spidey suit from a costume store. He's forced to use his webbing to hold the ankles, wrists and mask attached. (It's his only luck this issue that he did stick down his mask as he is later clobbered by the Green Goblin's jet glider and the Goblin can't remove the mask of the unconscious Spider-Man.)

Gunsmoke Western #69, March 1962 (January 1962, newsstand). Kirby and Ayers cover.

GW69FMar62.jpg

There's a fine 6 page Kirby/Ayers story in here called "The Betrayer'. It's a formulaic 'family vs. duty' conflict but very nicely done in the early 60s Kirby style.

I love those early Spideys

welli had the best day comic wise today! picked these two SA grails up today but they are already on there way to CGC cant wait to get them back!!..A BIG THANKS AGAIN too Mrbedrock..couldnt be happier

yay.jpg

yay2.jpg

:o Nice Chris!

welli had the best day comic wise today! picked these two SA grails up today but they are already on there way to CGC cant wait to get them back!!..A BIG THANKS AGAIN too Mrbedrock..couldnt be happier

yay.jpg

yay2.jpg

thanks buddy....i just could pass on the deal i got..im pretty happy right now i must admit

yay.jpg

yay2.jpg

thanks buddy....i just could pass on the deal i got..im pretty happy right now i must admit

Nice books Chris :applause:

yay.jpg

yay2.jpg

Congrats c-mack :applause:

And buying them from Richard makes it even better (thumbs u

yay.jpg

yay2.jpg

Sweet pick ups Chris :applause:

yay.jpg

yay2.jpg

Sweet pick ups Chris :applause:

Definitely!!!!! (thumbs u