• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Just sealed the deal with Brad for this... I'm happy with it!! Who cares that it's a 7.5 when it looks like a 9.0+ - Brad said in the description "This is a SWEET-LOOKING 7.5. There is come color scraping on the FC towards the bottom near the spine. But the big problem is a barely noticeable indentation reading "10.00" in the "..AN" part of the title. I'm guessing some fool once put a price sticker on the bag it was once in and then wrote the price on it... :o "

So I now have the 1st Thanos :D:idea: Thanks Brad!! :hi:

IRONMAN_55_FC.jpg

IRONMAN_55_BC.jpg

nice scoop llyod

Just picked this up today from my LCS. Now before you say wtf, is this guy reallly posting a modern book that's not even a 9.8...well...

This book is one of my favorite books of all time. I read this issue probably 1,000 times when I was a kid. I've been looking for a nice high grade copy for a long time to complement my sacred childhood copy. (Only 6 have been graded.)

At one point I did have a nice raw copy, but I gave it to my nephew to try to get him interested in comics.

When I picked up the book in the store and was looking at it, another customer walked by and told me this book was one of his favorite all time books as well. And that he read his copy over 1,000 times too as a kid.

Got it cheap. Less than grading fees cheap. :banana:

Thor385-Copy-1.jpg

The label's hard to read in the picture. It says:

Jim Shooter story, Stan Lee scripts

Erik Larson and Vince Colletta art

Ron Frenz and Al Milgrom cover

Hulk appearance.

Cool book + great story!!

Just sealed the deal with Brad for this... I'm happy with it!! Who cares that it's a 7.5 when it looks like a 9.0+ - Brad said in the description "This is a SWEET-LOOKING 7.5. There is come color scraping on the FC towards the bottom near the spine. But the big problem is a barely noticeable indentation reading "10.00" in the "..AN" part of the title. I'm guessing some fool once put a price sticker on the bag it was once in and then wrote the price on it... :o "

IRONMAN_55_FC.jpg

IRONMAN_55_BC.jpg

nice book man!!! makes me miss my old 9.0

IRONMAN_55_FC.jpg

IRONMAN_55_BC.jpg

nice scoop llyod

I wonder, if you get it pressed, will it disappear??