• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

After a couple of weeks filled with excitement, negotiations, disappointment, anxiety, disappearing buyers, etc the fruits of my labor and patience arrived yesterday by registered mail. :cloud9:

ALLWINNERS11.jpg

DARING10.jpg

I am extremely happy to place these beauties in my collection. I have to say that Tom the seller was inexperienced in the methods of the boards and not great at responding to emails. I did most of the negotiation with Gus at Silver Age Comics in Astoria, NY. I continued to read on the boards about how he was involved in some unsavory dealings and associated with Greg Jortner. (I had a small encounter with Greg in the past and I can understand boardmember's apprehensions.) I am sorry if anyone had bad esperiences or was injured by any dealings in the past, I must say that Gus was a perfect businessman with me. He was pleasant, upfront, and did everything he could to make my purchase easy. I talked to him on the phone several times at length. He called me to let me know that the books had arrived from CGC and sent me pictures. He called to let me know that the books had been shipped and gave me a tracking number. The books were packaged extremely well.

I will have no reservations in the future dealing with Silver Age Comics.

My 2c

:o

(worship)(worship)(worship)

My books probably don't seem much compared to those posted above, but I think my latest books are still pretty rad.

1st Mephisto:

silversurfer3.jpg

Why the heck not?! ha.

1st Blade:

tod10.jpg

This is on hold for a while, but have sealed the deal with the seller and am very

excited to get this!! Thanks again Jeff and thanks again to Brad for holding

back IM55!! You guys are TOO cool :)

Signed by Dell'Otto & Matt Fraction:

invincibleironman4varia.jpg

I wanted a Fraction SS for my Iron Man collection for a while... This seemed the perfect choice.

Nice pickups Lloyd. I really like that Surfer. Cool stuff.

My books probably don't seem much compared to those posted above, but I think my latest books are still pretty rad.

1st Mephisto:

silversurfer3.jpg

Why the heck not?! ha.

1st Blade:

tod10.jpg

This is on hold for a while, but have sealed the deal with the seller and am very

excited to get this!! Thanks again Jeff and thanks again to Brad for holding

back IM55!! You guys are TOO cool :)

Signed by Dell'Otto & Matt Fraction:

invincibleironman4varia.jpg

I wanted a Fraction SS for my Iron Man collection for a while... This seemed the perfect choice.

Nice pickups Lloyd. I really like that Surfer. Cool stuff.

Ditto.

That Surfer is beautiful. I've suddenly developed a serious case of Radd envy.

Good work fella!

After a couple of weeks filled with excitement, negotiations, disappointment, anxiety, disappearing buyers, etc the fruits of my labor and patience arrived yesterday by registered mail. :cloud9:

ALLWINNERS11.jpg

DARING10.jpg

I am extremely happy to place these beauties in my collection. I have to say that Tom the seller was inexperienced in the methods of the boards and not great at responding to emails. I did most of the negotiation with Gus at Silver Age Comics in Astoria, NY. I continued to read on the boards about how he was involved in some unsavory dealings and associated with Greg Jortner. (I had a small encounter with Greg in the past and I can understand boardmember's apprehensions.) I am sorry if anyone had bad esperiences or was injured by any dealings in the past, I must say that Gus was a perfect businessman with me. He was pleasant, upfront, and did everything he could to make my purchase easy. I talked to him on the phone several times at length. He called me to let me know that the books had arrived from CGC and sent me pictures. He called to let me know that the books had been shipped and gave me a tracking number. The books were packaged extremely well.

My 2c

Fabulous books!! Well it made for interesting reading over my Xmas break. Glad to see they arrived safely.

ALLWINNERS11.jpg

DARING10.jpg

My 2c

Beautiful books!! (worship) (worship) Congrats on closing the deal (thumbs u