• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,206 posts in this topic

Drek :P

Where does he get all those wonderful books? I could use a few sources like his :)

This is just his junk. He is advertising for his krappy VCC booth no doubt.

Batman241.jpg

I love those 52 pages for 25 cent issues. Reminds me of my early days of buyin comics before "Comic Shops" were invented and you had to find books at liquor stores and small markets. :cloud9:

Batman241.jpg

I love those 52 pages for 25 cent issues. Reminds me of my early days of buyin comics before "Comic Shops" were invented and you had to find books at liquor stores and small markets. :cloud9:

Heavy nostalgia for me too on those, and I love the look of them. I've been collecting them for a few years...so far I have 151 out of 368.

Picked this up from a junky Heritage lot.

Only two items worth anything in the lot.

Unfortunately, someone else actually read the description! :frustrated:

Both are complete with all the pin-ups but one has water damage.

Pin-UpBook.jpg

Heavy nostalgia for me too on those, and I love the look of them. I've been collecting them for a few years...so far I have 151 out of 368.

How did you ever find out the exact number of 52 -25 centers??? :o

How did you ever find out the exact number of 52 -25 centers??? :o

Most of them were published during a set timeperiod (second half of 1971, first half of 1972). I used Mike's Amazing World of DC website to get a list of series that DC published during that time. Then I went through and added a few from 1970-71 that DC published prior to switching their whole line over to that format. For example, Strange Adventures was oversized before everything switched over. I'm not sure I have every single issue counted, but it's close.

If anyone wants the list just shoot me a pm.

also for those who remember my thread about getting ripped on my ASM 31 that came back trim..im happy to report i have this beauty getting mailed to me thanks to campued1010 ....very easy to work with thanks again!

ASM31.jpg

Yeah,I remember you telling us that.Awesome book :applause:

HOM190.jpg

Beauties...and now I know who topped me on this gem. :mad: Not that I am shocked who it went to.

Just out of curiousity, what do you grade that one in-hand?

9.4 +. The "material" flaw is the very slight bump that you can see from the overhang on the back cover.

This is one phenomenal copy.

HOM190.jpg

Beauties...and now I know who topped me on this gem. :mad: Not that I am shocked who it went to.

Just out of curiousity, what do you grade that one in-hand?

9.4 +. The "material" flaw is the very slight bump that you can see from the overhang on the back cover.

This is one phenomenal copy.

I figured it would be. Good pickup. Also saw that you snagged a gorgeous Brave and Bold 93. You beat me on that one too. It also looked 9.4+.

I also got 2 books from GAcollectibles.

X-men #31 and 32. Also grabbed an X-men #29 from my local LCS. All the issues I got were in the Fine+ VF range. The ones from Andy are just gorgeous copies. Can't wait to get more from him when I have the means.

Having an absolute blast starting an X-men run.

I also love the books my girlfriend got. It's so much fun having a hobby together. She is learning SO fast it's scary!

D

X-men #31 and 32. Also grabbed an X-men #29 from my local LCS. All the issues I got were in the Fine+ VF range. The ones from Andy are just gorgeous copies. Can't wait to get more from him when I have the means.

I also love the books my girlfriend got. It's so much fun having a hobby together. She is learning SO fast it's scary!

D

Its hard to beat dealing with Andy. Top notch dude if there ever was one.

I think it's real cool that there's a couple (you and your girl) who use the board :D

I expect to see some comic room pictures this year brother! :D

D

Edited by LloydJBailey