• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

I won this via Heritage (I actually got a fantastic deal!!) a bit ago. I finally got a pic uploaded. One of my favorite movies.

Now that stirs my Welsh blood boyo - nice pickup. Michael Caine's finest moment.

Was scouting for cheap UXM copper's like this;

xmen196.jpg

When I stumbled upon these guilty little pleasures. Hard to believe that Image brought these out 18 years ago. :o I'm sure I'll get some stick for buying Image drek but I had a sudden burst of nostalgia.

wildcats1.jpg

wildcats2.jpg

i love the raw pedigree pick ups, but how would CGC grade them with the pedigree designation, do they call steven ritters to validate? (shrug)

I usually talk to Mark Haspel after i pick up pedigrees, but he was right there when i made the purchase. The Mound City copies will not get a designation, and Western Penns do not get a designation after 1983.

I won this via Heritage (I actually got a fantastic deal!!) a bit ago. I finally got a pic uploaded. One of my favorite movies.

lf.jpg

One of my favourites too. Highly recommend a book "The Washing of the Spears: the Rise and Fall of the Zulu Nation" by Don Morris that gives the story of the events that lead up to the Rorke's Drift encounter and its aftermath.

I'm green, I say green, with envy.

Thank-you for the kind words! I PMd Gemma a month ago about Dell Movie Classics and thanks to her, there will be a set on the horizon. :whee:

"Washing of the Spears" was just ordered by me, sounds right up my alley - cheers! (thumbs u

Next week I will also be subbing the Bethlehem Pedigree of "Naked Prey," (a definite 9.0 hoping, hoping 9.4 :wishluck: ) That flick trumps Zulu and Zulu Dawn imho, maybe you disagree. But Ol' Cornell is the man in that!

As for Michael Caine in Zulu, simply........ (worship)

Was scouting for cheap UXM copper's like this;

wildcats1.jpg

I did the same thing a few years ago. Fortunately I picked up a copy for less than it would have cost to get one slabbed. I have a few "nostalgia" books in my permanent collection... (thumbs u