• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

I love that Captain Marvel cover!

+1! Other than #1, probably my favorite CM cover!

I was hoping to get a 9.6-9.8 but that dang #4 is practically extinct according to the census. This 9.4 had GREAT eye appeal in hand. I know its a deal breaker for some but i'm not a miswrap snob especially for a small straight one like that so i am VERY happy with this copy!

I gotta thank Steve(rube11) for pointing me in this books direction so i could add it to my CM run (worship)

Awesome! Do you have registry sets for these?

I was hoping to get a 9.6-9.8 but that dang #4 is practically extinct according to the census. This 9.4 had GREAT eye appeal in hand. I know its a deal breaker for some but i'm not a miswrap snob especially for a small straight one like that so i am VERY happy with this copy!

I gotta thank Steve(rube11) for pointing me in this books direction so i could add it to my CM run (worship)

Awesome! Do you have registry sets for these?

I just have the regular Captain Marvel set. I really dont have much of the run except for the early issues. I have a 9.4 #1, 9.6 #2, 9.8 #3, 9.4 #4, 9.8 #5 and a 9.2 #28.

My registry is under sufunk15 instead of sufunk. Now that Carmelo is a Knick and wearing #7 though, the 15 at the end of my name is pointless now!

I've been trying to work on the run but keep getting sidetracked with Xmen and Avengers.

Wow. What a haul. I thought Bakersfield Country Comics (or whatever) was the 1st appearance. Thanks for the info.

Thanks.

The 9.6s and 9.8s were from an original owner collection.

The others were drek purchased from Ebay. Not sure why I even bothered to submit them.

Wow. What a haul. I thought Bakersfield Country Comics (or whatever) was the 1st appearance. Thanks for the info.

Thanks.

The others were drek purchased from Ebay. Not sure why I even bothered to submit them.

Wow, just wow!

Thanks.

That CR-OW 8.5 looks freaking awesome.

Thanks.

:gossip:...helps to ensure the 9.6s/9.8s :grin:

Thanks.

:gossip:...helps to ensure the 9.6s/9.8s :grin:

Good point.

Maybe I should submit the other 10 drek Funnybooks I have.

But I can tell you that the 9.6/9.8 find was something that probably won't ever happen again.

I still think Funnybook in high grade is EXTREMELY difficult.

I think the miswrap on yours is fine, it's a killer copy. At least the miswrap is not going the other way so the front covers edge is on the back of the book. I hate that.

I need to find a 9.0-9.4 of that book, definitely one of my favorite covers.

I'm also a big fan of the covers to Captain Marvel #14 and especially #17.

Keep sharing your sweet buys!