• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

western penn

MarTU_54_WP.jpg

The same question keeps popping in my head every time I see a pedigree book:

"How do you tell if a comic book is from a pedigree or not?"

I know most of the Golden Age pedigree books have a certain type of marking or stamp on them. But how do you tell if a lot of these Bronze Age books are pedigreed books? Do they have markings too? Do they come with COAs?

western penn

MarTU_54_WP.jpg

The same question keeps popping in my head every time I see a pedigree book:

"How do you tell if a comic book is from a pedigree or not?"

I know most of the Golden Age pedigree books have a certain type of marking or stamp on them. But how do you tell if a lot of these Bronze Age books are pedigreed books? Do they have markings too? Do they come with COAs?

I don't own any Pedigrees, but I'm pretty sure they pretty much all come with COAs.

I have 10-15 slabbed pedigrees and only 1 of them came with a COA and that's a MH2 which isn't even a pedigree anymore. I have no clue how you're supposed to tell other than it saying so on the slab (shrug)

I have 10-15 slabbed pedigrees and only 1 of them came with a COA and that's a MH2 which isn't even a pedigree anymore. I have no clue how you're supposed to tell other than it saying so on the slab (shrug)
Unfortunately, usually by a dealer who cant be bothered or a flipper who doesnt care pedigrees are separated from their COAs during slabbing. :(

Unfortunately, usually by a dealer who cant be bothered or a flipper who doesnt care pedigrees are separated from their COAs during slabbing. :(

All of my Peds came from either clink or CC auctions except for 2 eBay buys. The 1 COA I got came from one of the eBay buys. None of my clink or CC buys came with a COA, just the notation on the slab.

i bet that since there are so many Western Penn's out there they didnt bother with numbering the certs (werent there like 10,000 books?).

CGC prob holds onto those certs so they can keep count - otherwise every book could potentially become a western penn copy. They are not very memorable certs to begin with either.

i bet that since there are so many Western Penn's out there they didnt bother with numbering the certs (werent there like 10,000 books?).

CGC prob holds onto those certs so they can keep count - otherwise every book could potentially become a western penn copy. They are not very memorable certs to begin with either.

Pretty sure that CGC returns the Certs

According to them, they return all certs and floating objects.

According to them, they return all certs and floating objects.

Yes they do return the certs and actually there are 30,000+ Western Penn books. Not sure why but a lot of them seem to be surfacing lately.

i was just going by the fact that i have certs from every other pedigree with the accompanying slabs. Never got a slabbed Western Penn with cert. Am I the only one? and yes i do have plenty of raw WP with certs..

i was just going by the fact that i have certs from every other pedigree with the accompanying slabs. Never got a slabbed Western Penn with cert. Am I the only one? and yes i do have plenty of raw WP with certs..

I'm guessing but I've probably bought around 100 WP's in the last year including one's from Heritage and no cert's were provided. I'm just curious what a real cert looks like, do you have one handy?

Thor154cgc94n.jpg

Well now. That's a very "busy" background. Yet Vinnie "we don't need that, Stan" Colletta inked it.

hm Makes me wonder what was omitted?

Anyway enough of your fantastic high grade books, and allow me to pollute the thread with some more of my drek, to wit:

The long march to Adventure continues. I must be sick to pay good money for the likes of these. Please also note the inability to maintain focus. One more appalling Doom Patrol book in the stash.

MGAandAdv.jpg

Next up are Unearthly Spectaculars #1 (craptacular, actually), a pretty neat Strange Suspense Stories #77 (I have an abiding man-love for Ditko) and Two Gun Kid #70. A Marvel super-villain in a western setting.

TwoGunetc.jpg

Finally, three Adventures (#429, 358 & 298).Filling more holes, and all the time wondering why I am doing it.

Adventure298-429.jpg

Anyway, I now return you to your regular viewing of 9.8 stunners.