• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Just in (well Toronto) from Montreal. Not home, so no scans yet! However, thought these beauts might be appreciated here!

GA-MTL2011.jpg

More to follow...

:gossip: The ToT #15 is to DIE for! Love the cover. Sure 1000's of others do as well! Still need to post the haul from the T.O show and the 9.6 or better GSX#1! :wishluck:

~G :cloud9:

MOTHER OF GOD. Want to sell most of those??? :D

witching_hour_45.jpg

One of my rare pickups from Heritage. I've always loved this cover and I love Cardy so I was very happy to get this. Considering I got it for $100 less than the Rocky Mountain copy, I am happy. Amazingly there are no 9.8s out there, if you have one, I want it!

Any imperfections are due to fingerprints, etc. on the case. The books in gorgeous in hand.

SM14PacCoast.jpg

:applause:

I have always LOVED that book(who hasn't?!?) and that is an INCREDIBLE copy!

When you get that in hand, please explain to me how in the hell that isnt a 9.8 ???

Congrats man!

Thanks but GPA shows a 9.4 Pac Coast sale so this was probably a resub. Having said that this does look like a pretty sharp copy. :cloud9: More Suscha Subby's coming up in the next auction, might have to splurge a bit on a few of them.

The books aren't new to me, but Thursday afternoon I met Mike Royer, the man that inked them. He signed the covers for me so in a way they are new :applause:

:headbang: Sweet books.

Where did you meet him anyways?

So that's why you wanted the Richard Rae thread. Did Mike comment on the incident?

SM14PacCoast.jpg

:applause:

I have always LOVED that book(who hasn't?!?) and that is an INCREDIBLE copy!

When you get that in hand, please explain to me how in the hell that isnt a 9.8 ???

Congrats man!

Thanks but GPA shows a 9.4 Pac Coast sale so this was probably a resub. Having said that this does look like a pretty sharp copy. :cloud9: More Suscha Subby's coming up in the next auction, might have to splurge a bit on a few of them.

Probably but not necessarily. A lot of those have multiple copies so you never know. I've never been able to find a definitive list of the Pedigree issues and which issues have multiple copies out there ???

Either way, whocares! Like you said, even if it was a press/resub to get the 9.6, thats a DAMN sharp copy! I've got a 9.4ish raw that i bought dirt cheap at a 50% off sale about 20 years ago or i would have been on that book like white on rice!

The books aren't new to me, but Thursday afternoon I met Mike Royer, the man that inked them. He signed the covers for me so in a way they are new :applause:

So that's why you wanted the Richard Rae thread. Did Mike comment on the incident?

I remember reading the thread shortly after joining the boards and saw his one post in it, where he was setting the record straight in terms of his involvement, which of course he wasn't actually involved. Mike is always honest and upfront that the art he's selling is a light box recreation of a Jack Kirby drawing that he [Mike] inked. Rae was passing them off as something Kirby actually held in his hands and pencilled.

Anyway, in his post he closed saying where he lives and it's the same town where I live. I recently was in a book store that sells old comics in a back room and the owner pointed out a TB he had on a shelf that was signed by Mike, and basically reminded me about his living here. I finally looked him up on the web and found his website. I contacted him a few weeks ago and yesterday we met at his home/studio. Great guy :)

I remember reading the thread shortly after joining the boards and saw his one post in it, where he was setting the record straight in terms of his involvement, which of course he wasn't actually involved. Mike is always honest and upfront that the art he's selling is a light box recreation of a Jack Kirby drawing that he [Mike] inked. Rae was passing them off as something Kirby actually held in his hands and pencilled.

Anyway, in his post he closed saying where he lives and it's the same town where I live. I recently was in a book store that sells old comics in a back room and the owner pointed out a TB he had on a shelf that was signed by Mike, and basically reminded me about his living here. I finally looked him up on the web and found his website. I contacted him a few weeks ago and yesterday we met at his home/studio. Great guy :)

Yeah, I remember reading that thread it was a mess.

Wow, what a great opportunity! You got some sweet sketches. :headbang:

Went to a local convention today and picked up a few things. One was this. I love this show.

Photobucket

And it is always good to check out the 50 cent - $1.00 bins where I found these -

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Edited by boostergold

I got this coming from across the pond and super stoked to have it in the "first appearances" collection.

Many thanks to Bane (Chris) & Flaming Telepath (Nick) for this key.

10000976.jpg

Awesome! :applause:

Aside from the Joker,Ras is my favorite Batman villain.I really think Bats 232 is an undervalued key,should be worth a hell of alot more than Bats 227.Nice score. :applause: