• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,157 posts in this topic

After going through some of the recent purchases made, I got to thinking of a book I'd read a while back. It's called; "The Ten-Cent Plague - The Great Comic Book Scare And How It Changed America" by David Hajdu.

For anyone who's into the whole pre-code thing, I'd suggest picking a copy up if haven't read already. (thumbs u You can usually score a copy for a steal on E-Bay... Well worth the read IMHO 2c

A snippet from an interview with the author. It's the opening paragraph explaining what the book is about:

"In a new book, The Ten-Cent Plague, author David Hajdu sheds light on what was once a much-maligned, and today remains a much-overlooked facet of cultural history: The unprecedented popularity of the horror and crime comic among the nation's post-war youth. He talks to us about the impetus behind his book and the way the anti-establishment sentiment expressed in early comics have helped shape today's society."

Here's what it looks like:

art5348widea.jpg

Great bed side book!

John (thumbs u