• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,153 posts in this topic

Today I added 2 of the most important books in my collection

when I was 10 years old there was a comic shop on the East Side of Houston called Happy Trails and it was my weekly stop anytime i had money or when i just wanted look at old books, since the owner sold SA and GA keys there was ALWAYS something to look at. for some reason or another, the Owner took pity on this Shy new to comics kid and instead of letting me get sucked up in 90s trends he taught me about collecting and how to handle books ..

well last week he contacted my boss and offer to sell the remaining and Most loved books( many he bought off the racks) to him and being the stand up guy my boss is he allowed me to purchase 2 of these books

I dont think any books have ever meant so much to me

001.jpg

when I was 10 years old there was a comic shop on the East Side of Houston called Happy Trails and it was my weekly stop anytime i had money or when i just wanted look at old books, since the owner sold SA and GA keys there was ALWAYS something to look at. for some reason or another, the Owner took pity on this Shy new to comics kid and instead of letting me get sucked up in 90s trends he taught me about collecting and how to handle books ..

well last week he contacted my boss and offer to sell the remaining and Most loved books( many he bought off the racks) to him and being the stand up guy my boss is he allowed me to purchase 2 of these books

001.jpg

Very cool, congrats! :applause:

001.jpg

Thanks for sharing C-mack. It's nice to have mentors in this hobby to pass down the knowledge and history. Congrats on those two nice purchases. :applause:

001.jpg

Thanks for sharing C-mack. It's nice to have mentors in this hobby to pass down the knowledge and history. Congrats on those two nice purchases. :applause:

That's awesome Chris :applause:

Finally snagged my keeper...

7686461522_92928e94fa_b.jpg

The sharpest 5.5 you will EVER see. Graders murdered this book for some very small water damage on the top left corner of the book. Great eye appeal!

7686476344_a08afe6522_b.jpg