• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

I got this today at my LCS for $1.00. It's a bit outside my normal collecting focus and expertise, but I think I did okay.

UncannyTales1_zps7a1f623e.jpg

Seriously, it was due to all the time I spend on these boards that I even recognized this cover. I didn't realize it was #1 until I got it home and looked inside. I really appreciate everything I've learned here and it's fun to be able to post something like this.

I got this today at my LCS for $1.00. It's a bit outside my normal collecting focus and expertise, but I think I did okay.

Seriously, it was due to all the time I spend on these boards that I even recognized this cover. I didn't realize it was #1 until I got it home and looked inside. I really appreciate everything I've learned here and it's fun to be able to post something like this.

sweet buy!

Is your LCS going out of business? If not, they probably will soon if they sell books like that one for only a buck. :screwy:

Very nice buy for you though! :applause:

It's a small shop that been open for just over 2 years and it's the only one in about a 30 mile radius. They make most of their money off of subscribers and moderns, though here lately they've started cultivating their back issue selection, mostly copper on up for $1.00 or more recent stuff still at cover but some silver and bronze as well. I was really surprised to find this there though, that's for sure. They may very well have not realized what they had (like I said, I just recognized the cover because I've seen it numerous times on various threads here. I didn't know it's value or significance until I got it home). Hopefully I'll be posting more cool finds here in the weeks to come . . .