• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Is this one harder to find than the other X-Men Gold Pressman variants? I've found 5 or 6 copies of the X-Men #303 Gold Variant in the wild but have never found a copy of this particular book.

Absolutely!!! Like I said, "All praise due to Billy" as he's the one who went into the wild and found this, but I can tell you having looked myself that I have NEVER found a better than 9.2 copy on ebay. From what I understand this wasnt included in the Pressman board games like the others but had to be sent off for like the Nabisco variants. Theres 4 9.8s on the census out of a total 10 books graded. I'd be surprised if the 9.8 count ever goes over 10.

If it wasnt for Billy AKA PaperAirplane I dont think I'd ever have seen this book in a 9.8 slab. He is a rare slab ninja and hands down the best seller I have ever dealt with on these boards or off.

:foryou: Thanks, my friend. I've looked for these for years, and the odds of finding this book in 9.8 condition is very slim. Many times harder than the rest. Now if I could just zero in on the next NM98 10.0.

Edited by Paper Airplane

Nothing super impressive, but I loved the Rocketeer movie as a kid and really dig Dave Stevens stuff so here is my newly acquired Rocketeer collection...Any waviness is just from the bag...Oh yeah, that Mike Grell guy is no slouch either...

SS1_zpsf68398a8.jpg

SS2_zpsd13b7e82.jpg

PP1_zps20a097f3.jpg

...And one of my fave covers...

PP2_zps0279e5a3.jpg

Nice pickup!

:applause:

Nothing super impressive, but I loved the Rocketeer movie as a kid and really dig Dave Stevens stuff so here is my newly acquired Rocketeer collection...Any waviness is just from the bag...Oh yeah, that Mike Grell guy is no slouch either...

SS1_zpsf68398a8.jpg

SS2_zpsd13b7e82.jpg

PP1_zps20a097f3.jpg

...And one of my fave covers...

PP2_zps0279e5a3.jpg

Nice pickup!

:applause:

Thanks - forgot to include this one in the lot! doh!

ss3_zpsd07283f0.jpg

One more to get...Rocketeer Special Edition #1...