• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

I just posted this in the Gold threads. Just picked this up at Wizard World Philly.

Finally got lucky finding this issue. grin.gif Been on my want list along time.

scan0002.jpg

Went to a local convention this week and picked up some nice items...as I was browsing and blabbing the convention host announces that "Ron Garney is in the room"...I had no idea he was going to be there....

My excitement level grew as I knew that Garney did the artwork for Hulk #1 Sunburst variant...with this knowledge I approached Mr. Garney and asked if he could draw a full page Hulk for me similar to that on the Sunburst cover....

Believe it or not he wasn't even sure if he had drawn it or not... Hence back to the convetion room I go to fetch a Hulk #1 that I had happened to attain for $1.00 and quickly went back to the air-conditioned artists room (it was 90 degrees outside and the convetion room had no A/C) and showed the issue to Garney....he recognized it and agreed to draw the page for me and told me to return in 1/2 to 1 hour....

Presented now is the Hulk #1 Sunburst copy that Ron Garney signed for me and the scanner restricted page that he had done for me.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

garneyhulk.jpg

garneyart.jpg

Got some nice modern Signature series back in this week.

Punisher 1 9.8 with sketch

Ezra 1 9.8 variant cover (less than 300 copies raw only one slabbed)

Wolverine/Shi Variant 9.6

JLA/Avengers 2 9.8 Perez

ASM 513 9.2 dedato JR. Little tow but I'm happy for now

Just arrived Today

Spectacular spidey 255 PG 35

845821-SpectacularSpidey255Pg35a_2.jpg

If it looks like a line going across part of image its because I had to photoshop part of 2 images together

845821-SpectacularSpidey255Pg35a_2.jpg.b793efbd3ed414f293d6794cc5a38144.jpg

After months of trying, I finally got my Marvel Spotlight 2 in VF for under $30!! (actually, it's only a 7.0 b/c of some BC rust migration, but who's gives a [#@$%!!!], I am satisfied. tongue.gif) So this is for all the naysayers who didn't believe in me!

MS22.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com