• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Well, I just got this image from CGC and I was expecting a 7.5 (but secretly hoping for an 8.0). This is my sentimental fav. as I bought this as a kid, my first silver age spidey. I know it's not the usual high grade stuff I often see posted here.

see attachment

1025085-asm28.jpg.c53d968ecf921789e90343130962dc2f.jpg

Lower grade but cover is tight and the stamp is still inside. Only problem is some creases in the cover and the 8-8 written on the U. Happy just to add it to my collection, I always regreted selling the one I had.

incrediblehulk181.jpg

Lower grade but cover is tight and the stamp is still inside. Only problem is some creases in the cover and the 8-8 written on the U. Happy just to add it to my collection, I always regreted selling the one I had.

incrediblehulk181.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for showing that, makes me feel slightly better about my copy. Not saying yours is [embarrassing lack of self control], but makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who doesn't have a high grade copy. thumbsup2.gif

Haha at least I have a copy I suppose, it's hard to afford a high grade copy. I once had a copy in my collection but I sold it (it was also a lower grade) I always regreted it, this one will stay in my PC forever.

Here it is, my last big purchase of '05, and for awhile after that. It's back to the bargain bin for me for the next few months. wink.gif

tos39.jpg

Sorry for the weird scan with the mattress background or whatever that is. This is the seller's original scan, and my scanner's kaput.

Pretty psyched about this one, as it's my first purchase of major Marvel key since I bought a Silver Surfer #1 about 13 years ago.

Book looks really nice for the grade. There is a tear at the 12-cent mark that probably knocks the grade down a notch or two. Still very nice eye appeal though. yay.gif

Even though the scan is blurry, that looks like a really nice 3.5. What damage does it have?

In addition to the tear near the price, there is about 1/2-inch tear on the back cover (at the top, close to the middle of the book). Not very noticeable, though. I imagine both those tears knocked the book down considearably grade-wise, yet the eye appeal is not really sacrificed as a result.

Yeah, one of those production related ones. So, you still have a chance at a decent Swamp Thing. This one is more VF+ than VF/NM.

Nice. Sharp copy then. What did the seller have it at? 9.0? That's what I would give it. thumbsup2.gif