• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

Took a ride out to Graham Crackers in Naperville, Il yesterday. I'd never been

there before, and while I don't consider myself a high grade collector, most of

their BA/SA was a little too low grade for me. I did manage to find some books

I wanted and couldn't pass this one up.

asw113.jpg

Joker--

Took a ride out to Graham Crackers in Naperville, Il yesterday. I'd never been

there before, and while I don't consider myself a high grade collector, most of

their BA/SA was a little too low grade for me. I did manage to find some books

I wanted and couldn't pass this one up.

I was out there a few weeks ago and couldn't find ANYTHING. Almost every book was priced at double or triple guide, even beaters. They had a box of Adams X-Men issues that had literally been underwater priced at like $20 each. That chain sucks. Period. Sometimes you can find decent stuff in the 50 cent bin, but their back issues should be avoided like the plague.

Gil Kane?

Gil Kane indeed! One of the interesting things about him is that it's often hard to recognize his work from the '50's, but of course his stuff from the '60's and later really stands out as his own.

Joker--

I was out there a few weeks ago and couldn't find ANYTHING. Almost every book was priced at double or triple guide, even beaters. They had a box of Adams X-Men issues that had literally been underwater priced at like $20 each. That chain sucks. Period. Sometimes you can find decent stuff in the 50 cent bin, but their back issues should be avoided like the plague.

I was pretty disappointed over all. It was fun at first to dig through boxes of Silver and Bronze books since none of the stores around me have much in the way of that sort of material in any quantity. But after seeing the high prices on so many beat up books, I soon came back to earth and bought a few BA Marvels in addition to the book I posted and headed back to the South Side.

sorry.gif

Joker--

I was pretty disappointed over all. It was fun at first to dig through boxes of Silver and Bronze books since none of the stores around me have much in the way of that sort of material in any quantity. But after seeing the high prices on so many beat up books, I soon came back to earth and bought a few BA Marvels in addition to the book I posted and headed back to the South Side.

sorry.gif

Joker--

Try Chicago Comics. Much better selection and much more reasonable prices. That's the only store in Chicagoland I buy vintage stuff at. I bet you will find something if you stop by.

Try Chicago Comics. Much better selection and much more reasonable prices. That's the only store in Chicagoland I buy vintage stuff at. I bet you will find something if you stop by.

Is it this location -

Chicago Comics, 3244 N Clark St Chicago IL 60657?

I'm going down to Chicago in 2 weeks and I'll have time to check them out on the way home.