• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,205 posts in this topic

Been picking up Strange Tales lately:

119 VGF

121 VGF/F- (called FVF on eBay) yeahok.gif

122 F

124 VF-/VF (called FVF on eBay) smile.gif

129 VGF/F- (called FVF on eBay) yeahok.gif

140 VF-/VF

141 VF

And a super white Tales to Astonish 65 FVF/VF- yay.gif

I'm too lazy today for scans... blush.gif

These arrived today, to join my Sid's copies of Avengers 9 & 10.

sidsav2_8.jpg

A big thank you to Harry! thumbsup2.gif

boy, Harry's username is even more fitting after that last round of grades. CGC toasted his azz but good

sorry.gif

Well, the #8 does have some cover bends to it, that are invisible through the slab. You have to hold it up to the light at an angle to see them. The #2 is fairly graded at 9.0.

Red

Well, the #8 does have some cover bends to it, that are invisible through the slab. You have to hold it up to the light at an angle to see them. The #2 is fairly graded at 9.0.

Red

i'm thinking that #8 hasn't reached it's full potential............... devil.gif

if i recall correctly, it has a soft bend down the center. i probably bent it in half to carry in my back pocket but luckily wasn't riding my bike home that day........ grin.gif

a whole bunch of books got sent out this week, so we may see a few more here, soon. you have to hand it to the 'ol USPS - Brads books were mailed late yesterday afternoon 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

one guy bought the FF 15, 25, the JIM 91, the ST 114 and the Sgt Fury #13 - that was the single purchase that tugged at my heart. 3 of those books were among my faves..................... frown.gif

if i recall correctly, it has a soft bend down the center. i probably bent it in half to carry in my back pocket but luckily wasn't riding my bike home that day........ grin.gif

You are correct, O' Wise One. I actually now have three or four books in my collection that I'd consider having professional pressing applied to the cover only, to remove obvious mishandling. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This white paged beauty just arrived in the mail. I think I'll sleep with this one tucked under my pillow tonight. cloud9.gif

There's nothing quite like seeing original GA art on white paper. The last story has Luthor defeating the electric chair and going on a rampage and the Shuster art is BRILLIANT.

Thanks to Southern California Comics for this one.

And thanks to the USPS for getting the book from Cali to NC in 2 days!

1150812-Superman17a.JPG

1150812-Superman17a.JPG.82cba2f5e1f8d335a6c5eb392b03da56.JPG

Hook nice pick up on the #2. I seriously considered buying it as it was going for a good price and oh those white pages. Just too many irons in the fire right now. If you ever decide to sell your issue #9 please let me know.

Will do.

Red

This white paged beauty just arrived in the mail. I think I'll sleep with this one tucked under my pillow tonight. cloud9.gif

There's nothing quite like seeing original GA art on white paper. The last story has Luthor defeating the electric chair and going on a rampage and the Shuster art is BRILLIANT.

Thanks to Southern California Comics for this one.

And thanks to the USPS for getting the book from Cali to NC in 2 days!

1150812-Superman17a.JPG

One of my favorite covers of all time. You going to have the tape removed?