• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Wow, that is such a friggin cool cover. It gives you some kind of perspective on the Hulk and the Thing as to what they would be like if they were real, running towards you. I want that issue!

Do you have anymore info. If it's a UK book maybe i can track it down.

I think it's issue #100 of Spectacular Spider-Man (the UK version, obviously). I tried finding it on comics.org, but they only seem to have the US versions. It's a couple of years old, but I have no idea what the availability would be.

Simon's website is http://soulmaninc.co.uk/index.html . I have his e-mail address, but I wouldn't feel good about giving that out publicly without his consent. His web site is public, obviously, and he has e-mail there, if you'd like to send him an e-mail.

He was thrilled to draw the Hulk. His dream was to one day draw the Hulk when he got into comics. He's worked on the UK Transformers comics, and then got work on the Spider-Man series. Lo and behold, guess who they wanted to come bust up the place in the special 100th issue? None other than the Hulk himself. grin.gif

**Edited to add: Duh! I went to Simon's website, and guess what I found? The finished version of the cover.

spidey_100.jpg

Thanks for the info! They really screwed that cover up with all the [embarrassing lack of self control] they added frown.gif

I love the eBay gods! Helped me get some sloppy seconds. yay.gif Well, now I can't show the books I managed to pry away from you. sorry.gif

...I shipped them yesterday priority...could be there as early as tomorrow.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Rocketeer - SWEET JLA books!!

Thanks to Rich Henn, I now have a couple of invitations to the Opening/Kick-off Ceremony from the day the DC Super Heroes stamps were released.

Here's a scan showing the front and back of the invitation. I know it's hard to read, I just wanted to share what they look like. Thanks, Rich!!!

1352974-StampInvite.jpg

1352974-StampInvite.jpg.449876ad51ecc9e04207ba18ecc2fd89.jpg