• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

I've had a very good comic book week.

I picked up this Daredevil #130 off ebay. This was just an impulse buy, but I liked the black cover, so I decided to go for it. A Western Penn copy to boot. Pardon the bad scan. Like alot of folks, my scanner doesn't do very well with slabbed books. Plus, I was eating potato chips as I was scanning these books, and later noticed that there were pc crumbs on the scanner bed. confused-smiley-013.gif

DD130.jpg

Also, picked up a beautiful copy of Fantastic Four #116. I've been looking for Bronze Age FFs lately. Not too hard to find in high grade, but I've been looking for copies that don't have any spine roll, which seemed common with a lot of 70s comics. This square bound book has a beautiful picture frame cover and a near perfect spine.

FF116.jpg

Plus.......

I went out of town today to pick up a couple of books at my not-so-local comic book store. When I got back, these books had arrived in the mail from a dealer/friend of mine.

Marvel Feature #1. This is a book that I just can't get enough of for some reason. I don't know if it's the colors or the great drawing of the Hulk. I own several copies of this book. Hopefully, I'll have enough self-control to stop buying this issue. Anyway, a great looking comic.

MF1.jpg

This beautiful copy of Witching Hour #4 was also in the package. This has to be my favorite cover of that run, and one of my favorites of the entire DC Bronze Age horror books! This is a gorgeous copy with bone white pages.

WH4.jpg

The last book in the package was one of my favorite covers of the TOS run. This is a very pretty issue. I've been trying to build up my TOS collection lately, and this will fit in nicely.

TOS58.jpg

Plus.....

As I mentioned earlier, I visited my not-so-local comic books shop today, where I had these beauties wating for me.

This is just an incredible copy of Human Torch #17. What a fantastic cover by Schomburg. There s just so much going on on this cover, I could sit and stare at it for hours.

HT17.jpg

Also picked up this beautiful Timely. Another spectular cover by Schomburg. I love the concept of the giant Sub-Mariner in these books.

Sub16.jpg

Plus...

Finally, I just bought this book off of ebay the other night. Probably paid too much for it, but I've been looking for a nice copy of this book that I could afford. This is, again, one of my favorite SA covers. I don't have this book yet, so this is the scan from ebay.

Showcase55.JPG

As I said earlier, a very good comic book week for me. I wish they could all be this good. I'd have a lot of nice comics, but I'd be dead broke.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I went out of town today to pick up a couple of books at my not-so-local comic book store. When I got back, these books had arrived in the mail from a dealer/friend of mine.

Marvel Feature #1. This is a book that I just can't get enough of for some reason. I don't know if it's the colors or the great drawing of the Hulk. I own several copies of this book. Hopefully, I'll have enough self-control to stop buying this issue. Anyway, a great looking comic.

MF1.jpg

I'm looking for an upgrade of that book....do you want to sell one..???

As I mentioned earlier, I visited my not-so-local comic books shop today, where I had these beauties wating for me.

This is just an incredible copy of Human Torch #17. What a fantastic cover by Schomburg. There s just so much going on on this cover, I could sit and stare at it for hours.

HT17.jpg

Plus...

Wow - what a nice haul of stuff. I don't collect GA stuff, but if I did - Shomburg covers would be the place I would go. Beauuuuuuutiful copy!!!! Thanks for sharing - I could stare at that book for hours, too! hail.gifyay.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The 2 best books from the son of a recently deceased Disney collector. He contacts me about every 6 months saying he picked up some more from storage. I drop what I'm doing and drive the two hours every time he calls.

March of Comics is issue 41 "Race to South Seas" by Barks.

Diz011.jpg

Diz014.jpg