• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

I have a couple of more books I have bids on and then im done till after Christmas

I can't tell you how many times I've said that! Unfortunately something always comes along that I can't live without. foreheadslap.gif

I know what you mean crazy.gif

me three.... crazy.gifcrazy.giffrown.gif

[/img]

smccad31.jpg

Looks like a Metro VF 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh SNAP 893whatthe.gif

Canadian copy, no?

Yes indeed, does it look familar? I use to own this and sold it when I picked up my 8.5 copy but now its back in my clutches and off to CGC shortly.

You reckon it will come back as a .5? Or maybe a 1.5?

why in the world would you slab that?

keep it raw and read the durned thing! sumo.gif

Already read it before and I have only seen two copies of this book, two of them I now own, and apparently there is one more in the CGC census but I haven't seen it or any other copies in years. If these are as rare as the Marvel Mystery and Captain America Comic annuals then I don't mind getting it slabbed because if I handle it anymore it will continue to deterioate. A poor copy of the annuals I noted above is fetching thousands of dollars and I don't think many people are even aware that these Superior Publisher copies even exist (I know I didn't until a few years ago). The Cap #74 copies are selling for the same price as the originals.

Already read it before and I have only seen two copies of this book, two of them I now own, and apparently there is one more in the CGC census but I haven't seen it or any other copies in years. If these are as rare as the Marvel Mystery and Captain America Comic annuals then I don't mind getting it slabbed because if I handle it anymore it will continue to deterioate. A poor copy of the annuals I noted above is fetching thousands of dollars and I don't think many people are even aware that these Superior Publisher copies even exist (I know I didn't until a few years ago). The Cap #74 copies are selling for the same price as the originals.

it's your book, do as you see fit. nice pickup btw thumbsup2.gif

Have you ever thought about sending it in the be restored Pete?

Arex

Got this in the mail on Saturday. It was one of only FOUR Silver Age Green Lantern issues that I had left for a full run, now I only need three more. I paid for a #5 on ebay over the weekend, but I don't cross anything off my wantlist until I have the book(s) in my hands.

Anyway, this is the rare "red variant" of GL #59. 27_laughing.gif Just kidding, some kid had a field day with a red crayon and this cover. I would much rather own a better-looking copy, but I've been looking for a copy of this for a while, and I landed this one off ebay for only $5 (I was the only bidder - surprise! 27_laughing.gif ). It'll do for now.

The seller agreed to media mail shipping, so I marked this off my list for a whopping $7.07 total. grin.gif

gl59en4.jpg

Hopefully I'll be posting a scan of #5 soon. Then I'll only have two left!!

showcase79bbrk7.jpg

still not uber-HG, but for less than $20 shippped, i can live with it

cloud9.gif

Great pick up Marc.....in the top five of my favorite covers of the late bronze age books....20 bucks is a nice deal on this one....what color are the pages? This book is hard to find with pages that are off white or better. It took me several years to find the one I have.

Scott

Got this in the mail on Saturday. It was one of only FOUR Silver Age Green Lantern issues that I had left for a full run, now I only need three more. I paid for a #5 on ebay over the weekend, but I don't cross anything off my wantlist until I have the book(s) in my hands.

Anyway, this is the rare "red variant" of GL #59. 27_laughing.gif Just kidding, some kid had a field day with a red crayon and this cover. I would much rather own a better-looking copy, but I've been looking for a copy of this for a while, and I landed this one off ebay for only $5 (I was the only bidder - surprise! 27_laughing.gif ). It'll do for now.

The seller agreed to media mail shipping, so I marked this off my list for a whopping $7.07 total. grin.gif

gl59en4.jpg

Hopefully I'll be posting a scan of #5 soon. Then I'll only have two left!!

Kid was pretty good at coloring within the lines. thumbsup2.gif

[/img]

smccad31.jpg

Looks like a Metro VF 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh SNAP 893whatthe.gif

Canadian copy, no?

Yes indeed, does it look familar? I use to own this and sold it when I picked up my 8.5 copy but now its back in my clutches and off to CGC shortly.

Why in the world would you slab it? Trying to make the lowest on the census? why spend the money? It is a reader copy, so just keep it around to read it.

Great pick up Marc.....in the top five of my favorite covers of the late bronze age books....20 bucks is a nice deal on this one....what color are the pages? This book is hard to find with pages that are off white or better. It took me several years to find the one I have.

Scott

thanks, Scott...the pages are ow-w. book is very very glossy and supple. i'm pretty happy with it