• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

These books disgust me!

lp5ug9.jpg

What's disgusting about an elephant passing gas? thumbsup2.gif

Nothing wrong with that - I thought it was the turd on skates that was supposed to be disgusting???

These books disgust me!

lp5ug9.jpg

What's disgusting about an elephant passing gas? thumbsup2.gif

He looks quite content about it.

The words "laffs" and "kartoon kapers" always make me nervous -- that "trying hard to be wacky but don't really know how" feeling, like Mad past its prime.

It is amazing to see characters like the long-lost Buck Duck showing up in the 70s. Are Li'l Kids and Li'l Pals a mixture of reprints and new material? The covers and Calvin certainly look new, although the Calvin features could just be partially redrawn Dexter the Demon and similar Atlas material (sort of like DC's Windy and Willy).

There's probably good work by Joe Maneely, Ed Winiarski and the gang in the reprints!

Jack

These books disgust me!

Good god! Where do you keep finding these books?

I have elves scouring the Earth for them. confused-smiley-013.gif OK, mainly I luck out once in a while and find these stuff. I don't really have any competition for them locally so I can buy them at my leisure.