• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

The big purchase finally is in my grubby mits!! headbang.gif

mm0162.jpg

Congratulations...stunning copy of the one true grail hail.gif

And Kudos for you for smelling and reading it 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

I think someone should quote your post every day for at least a year so we get to see this stunning book all the time thumbsup2.gif

Not to take the attention away from the stunning TEC 27... not like i could even if i wanted to... hail.gif

since not all of you are converted enough to read the GA forum here is a bit from my latest heritage posted in the FH thread

Jungle60.jpg

jungle69.jpg

jungle79.jpg

Jungle87.jpg

Sorry, it always makes me laugh when people collect slabs of books that I remember buying from my LCS when they first were published.

What is truly sad and scary is that the later issues (350-425), the modern drek as some call it, are nearly impossible to find slabbed 9.8. I took a look at my raw copies, the ones i bought from my LCS, and not many of them would score a 9.6. most would rade between 9.2-9.4.

They aren't nearly impossible, it just that nobody thinks they are worth slabbing. Even if they would grade out as 9.9 copies, collectors just wouldn't slab them.

Probably but I wish they would cause I would certainly like to add them to my collection being the completionist that I am. I also know a few others that would also like to add them to their sets.

I have to agree with Casey about that...but mine is because customs agents have no respect for the printed word 893censored-thumb.gif

mm0162.jpg

You have no idea how green eyed I feel. Congratulations on getting the monkey off your back, but as a collector you know that another target(s) will be acquired. Maybe replacing the pre-Robin Tecs liquidated to enable this purchase?

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Duffman! Yep, they are back on the list! But, the finances will have to recover for a while. wink.gif

mm0162.jpg

when that Cap 1 arrived and you said that wasn't "the" book, i knew this one had to be it!

congrats! of course it's all downhill from here, but at least you can coast!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Sal! You are right, I have the gearbox in neutral and am coasting down the hill! headbang.gif

Congrats Ciorac! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I of course have nothing that can even compare to what the great ciorac just posted, but the thread must go on...

scan0012-1.jpg

Now clap for my krap sumo.gif

Thanks DeeDee!

And here are some 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif's for your gorgeous 100 pager!! I have always loved square bound books, and yours is a beaut!

mm0162.jpg

Congratulations...stunning copy of the one true grail hail.gif

And Kudos for you for smelling and reading it 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

I think someone should quote your post every day for at least a year so we get to see this stunning book all the time thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Chromium! I may take it out and re-read it today! grin.gif

mm0162.jpg

Holy chit! 893whatthe.gif

Congratulations! hail.gif

I appreciate it GAC! Yesterday was my little slice of heaven! It was worth the 350 mile round trip drive to pick it up.