• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Technical grades be damned!

Good call. If you collect golden age and feel that way, you are ahead of the curve. thumbsup2.gif

You're supposed to grade those things?

I'm just happy with some low grade copies of books with attractive (at least to me) covers - Case in point, this came in last week. No one else will be excited but I was yay.gif -

1723156-Whiz35.jpg

capmarv39.jpg

poke2.gif

shy.gif It's in horrid condition but I'll be damned if I am going to pass up a GA book in ANY condition for a good price.

i've recently started seeing more images of that Captain Marvel. I'm not familiar with it, but is that a GA issue? If so, I'm liking that even more because I think he looks asian! headbang.gif

Yes, it's the October 1942 issue of Whiz.

Nice Joes, Sid. I have a couple myself and looking for a few more specific issues. thumbsup2.gif

And as a plus, Scrooge is old enough to be able to check the long division by hand!

Looks good to me. I'd be happy with an affordable reader copy like this too.

Jack

I'm just happy with some low grade copies of books with attractive (at least to me) covers - Case in point, this came in last week. No one else will be excited but I was yay.gif -

1723156-Whiz35.jpg

gi36.jpg

question;

does Joe's helmet fly off like that on every cover of this series, or does his head have a sort of anti-magnetic field around it?

might want to start looking in to a "Helmet Expelled from Head Region Cover" run 893scratchchin-thumb.gif