• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

That # 1 is a first print? 893whatthe.gif Damn. What's the grade?

8.5-9.0 Gobbledygook and all... grin.gif

Looks better! Sweet pickup. hail.gif

Back cover has a few glitches... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Man, thats incredible...very, very sweet haul...hopefully, one day I can snag those bad boys...

Just struck a deal for this one. Love this cover. Greytone art with a 7 foot tall gila monster shooting lazers out of his eyes and wearing a weightlifting belt and a six shooter.

gl8-1.jpg

The powerlifting belt I can buy, but the six shooter? 27_laughing.gif

Angelo

Especially since he has a biologic alternative! confused-smiley-013.gif

Received these yesterday. Curious to hear what everyone thinks CGC would grade these at. There's damage to the cover and the center spread around the top staple on #2, I think caused by rust. See the closeup. The staple has popped through the center spread, but the spread is still securely attached by the bottom staple and the book is still very tight. There's also some darkening (sun shadow?) on the back cover down the spine side. Otherwise, it's a nice book. Pages are OW.

1f.jpg

1b1.jpg

1b.jpg

Received these yesterday. Curious to hear what everyone thinks CGC would grade these at. There's damage to the cover and the center spread around the top staple on #2, I think caused by rust. See the closeup. The staple has popped through the center spread, but the spread is still securely attached by the bottom staple and the book is still very tight. There's also some darkening (sun shadow?) on the back cover down the spine side. Otherwise, it's a nice book. Pages are OW.

1f.jpg

1b1.jpg

1b.jpg

those are some gorgoues looking covers! i can't believe they look the way they do!

hail.gifhail.gif

Couple new books, one from the boards, one from the bay.....

scan0202.jpg

So does it really have page after page of pulse-pounding thrills?

Page 7 is a little slow. And the bottom half of page 15 is a snoozer.

And of course, the ads.

I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure my pulse was pounding on most of the other pages. thumbsup2.gif

Picked this up on ebay, D copy. Now only 500 more to go foreheadslap.gif

Spirit16March1947.jpg

From the recent Clink auction

Headline287.jpg

JIM748.jpg

Angelo

Nice books Angelo! thumbsup2.gif

I love the Spirit section. Is that the Crippen Code in pencil?

I will be getting a Spirit book in shortly and will post it when I have it in hand.