• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Thanks. It was like $2.40 for the book and another $8 for shipping (which was more than what it really cost but i felt sorry for the guy).

Still paid too much! poke2.gif

it boggles my mind that someone would pay $15 to slab a modern, get back a 9.8 and then roll the dice starting an auction at 99 cents. it's only 20 cents more to list at $9.99 and have a shot at recouping most of your slabbing fees in the worst case scenario.

TTA76.jpg

Angelo

I just saw this post and the scary thing is I read this cover story today!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Spooky! Super sweet pre-hero book Angelo!!

Scott

Hey, thanks Scott. I've really fallen for the pre-hero genre. Love that stuff to death cloud9.gif

Angelo

it boggles my mind that someone would pay $15 to slab a modern, get back a 9.8 and then roll the dice starting an auction at 99 cents. it's only 20 cents more to list at $9.99 and have a shot at recouping most of your slabbing fees in the worst case scenario.

my mind is also boggled

Thanks. It was like $2.40 for the book and another $8 for shipping (which was more than what it really cost but i felt sorry for the guy).

Still paid too much! poke2.gif

That is exactly how I got into CGC collecting. I couldn't see the point of buying comics that I can't even read. Yeah, it's nice to know what you're actually buying on eBay, but these things were meant to be read. So I picked up a few for less than the cost of slabbing. I thought "cool" when I got 'em and I've been hooked ever since.

Just got it in the mail today!! Not very many people have seen this before.

Mile High is selling this comic book for over $1000. The original Love and Rockets created, printed and sold by Hernandez Bros.

It took me over a hour to research the comic book to make sure it was genuine and the original comic book that was sold at a comic book convention in 1981. Limited to 1000.

Love and Rockets #1 (Ashcan or Prototype) - B & W cover and interior

scan0001-4.jpg

Mile High is selling this comic book for over $1000. The original Love and Rockets created, printed and sold by Hernandez Bros.

It took me over a hour to research the comic book to make sure it was genuine and the original comic book that was sold at a comic book convention in 1981. Limited to 1000.

scan0001-4.jpg

Nice!!!... thumbsup2.gif Where did you find it???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

scan0001-4.jpg

Nice!!!... thumbsup2.gif Where did you find it???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

eBay I think.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on it if it is the same copy. foreheadslap.gif

Guy said his friend bought a few copies and he was selling one every so often. If I remember right!