• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Got my first win from Comic Connect in the mail today :cloud9:

Also my first slab ever!

20140416_102930.jpg

I freaking love that book! If you haven't done so already, go read the Annihilation series. Awesome

Also my first slab ever!

20140416_102930.jpg

I freaking love that book! If you haven't done so already, go read the Annihilation series. Awesome

Annihilation is exactly why I bought it :headbang:

Did some fun horse trading a couple of days ago. Started by taking a stack of HC's & trades that I hadn't been able to move on eBay to my LCS, who generally pay about 1/4 cover. This was stuff that I didn't need and couldn't sell at a price worth shipping, so I planned on selling for as much store credit as I could get.

Ended up getting enough credit to pick up a couple of fun VG/Fine-ish Bronze books,

2w7fouo.jpg

21oqweq.jpg

And then I spied a book getting ready to go up on the wall. It's only Good/Good+ (could maybe hit VG with lots of TLC?) but the price couldn't be beat (came out to about $65 worth of trade in old HC's I couldn't sell):

zpk5c.jpg

Was never really looking for one of these, but I couldn't pass up the deal, and am surprised by how much I like having it!

Next I picked up a grab bag of 20 books for $7.50. Kept the beater copy from of UXM 129 that was on top of the grab bag, then took the remaining 19 drek books to a used book store, and sold them for $8. Used that to pick up about 40 quarter bin books, including a couple of later printing Supes Death books

9h6ds7.jpg

negqkh.jpg

Plus they gave me a 10% off coupon since I'd sold them dome books, which I used to pick this book up for about $35 (seemed like a fair price considering the heat on this book these days):

km7wp.jpg

So, all in all a very fun day! My wife fails to find this interesting, so you guys get stuck with the long story.

Also my first slab ever!

20140416_102930.jpg

Annihilation is exactly why I bought it :headbang:

.... first Franklin Richards ain't exactly chopped liver either. I bought a copy off the stands and read it until it fell apart. I remember reading it for the first time on the way home.... in the back of the family Station Wagon :cloud9: ..... and my Mom was pregnant with my sister, a neat parallel to real life. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12