• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,057 posts in this topic

DD #7 (20 bucks in vf- nootch!)

Now that is an unbelievable deal. Was this on ebay? Or your LCS? Amazing.

I would like to see a scan of it. Not everyday you find a minor SA key in nice shape for 1/15th of guide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would like to see a scan of it. Not everyday you find a minor SA key in nice shape for 1/15th of guide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hence the italics.

Hence the italics.

thumbsup2.gif Maybe he fleeced an old lady. Hard to imagine a comic shop letting that go so cheap or it flying under the radar on eBay...but stranger things have happened.

or have they? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

lcs, actually going over the grading guide thingy, it is about a 6.5 fn+ but i was thinking it was around a vf- or so, it looks quite good actually and has good eye appeal, but there are a couple minor stains on the back cover upon further inspection hehe, but i will be getting a scanner in a couple weeks and will be happy to scan it then for opinions smile.gif and the price was that because i spent like over 200$ it was marked at 95 for those wondering hehe :P

Hence the italics.

thumbsup2.gif Maybe he fleeced an old lady. Hard to imagine a comic shop letting that go so cheap or it flying under the radar on eBay...but stranger things have happened.

To be fair, with the volume of items on ebay, there's always going to be something that slips through the net, although this seems to occur far less often these days. And if it does on the odd occasion happen, I tend to keep it to myself.......

Still, that's the best deal I've heard of in a significant while.....

Hence the italics.

To be fair, with the volume of items on ebay, there's always going to be something that slips through the net, although this seems to occur far less often these days. And if it does on the odd occasion happen, I tend to keep it to myself.......

Still, that's the best deal I've heard of in a significant while.....

Why do you keep them to yourself? I love hearing about the bargains people get on eBay. It helps me to keep searching and shrug off the bad deals I sometimes get. thumbsup2.gif

Why do you keep them to yourself? I love hearing about the bargains people get on eBay. It helps me to keep searching and shrug off the bad deals I sometimes get.

Come to think of it, it's an English thing, at least a little. In the U.S., if someone does well, he (or she) generally gets a pat on the back (an attitude which I like) - other people's success is not despised like it is in the U.K. Over here, we're a bit more circumspect and cagey for that reason.....

Next time it happens I'll mention it on this very thread. And include links, natch....

Why do you keep them to yourself? I love hearing about the bargains people get on eBay. It helps me to keep searching and shrug off the bad deals I sometimes get.

Come to think of it, it's an English thing, at least a little. In the U.S., if someone does well, he (or she) generally gets a pat on the back (an attitude which I like) - other people's success is not despised like it is in the U.K. Over here, we're a bit more circumspect and cagey for that reason.....

Next time it happens I'll mention it on this very thread. And include links, natch....

893applaud-thumb.gif Yes, ditch those stuffy English ways! We grubby colonials are so less formal. cloud9.gif

I prefer to think of those "stuffy English ways", as the Rituals of Empire.

Rule Brittania!

Bah! Their ways are as dated as their obsession with those inane Royals. Viva La Revolucion! poke2.gif

stooges.gif

Well I finally got the Ghost Rider #1 off the check list for the BA short box. Here is an overview of the week per purchase so far:

Ghost Rider # 1 Vol. 1

Ghost Rider lot- Vol. 1 #'s 1,2,3, and 4 Marvel Spotlight #'s 7,9 and 11

Now, if I fare well with the on the Bay Saturday, then it will be a very sweet week of hunting for the CC collection. Good Luck and Happy Hunting-CC.

A fairly solid low grade book from Jim Payette. The price was right, and it looks a helluva lot better in person than on the scan(for instance, the creases at the top of the cover are nearly invisible to the naked eye; they seem to only show up in the scan). Not bad for sixty bucks.

793017-batman57.jpg

793017-batman57.jpg.1529bb5bbbb5795f9fcf12dacf8f599c.jpg

Wow big week for me. I finally got my last batch of silver and bronze age batman's back from cgc. I sent the silver's econo in dec. ( 2004) and the bronze's in feb. They came back on the same day. Bad news: two broken slabs. good news: many 9.4 and above. Best news: My first pedigree comic bought from metropolis Batman 196 ( Oakland) came back 9.6 just as they sold it to me.