• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,053 posts in this topic

I mostly collect Marvel 1st appearances and ASM, but I just HAD to have one of these in my collection :grin::grin::grin:

HoS92Front_zpsc337a1d5.jpg

:applause:

Very nice. Getting mine graded soon; love that cover.

Did the back bring it down? Looks like a 7.0+.

Yeah, probably, scan actually makes back look a tad better. Regardless, very happy with it. Here it is front and back...

HoS92Back_zpse29872d6.jpg

I mostly collect Marvel 1st appearances and ASM, but I just HAD to have one of these in my collection :grin::grin::grin:

:applause:

Very nice. Getting mine graded soon; love that cover.

Did the back bring it down? Looks like a 7.0+.

Yeah, probably, scan actually makes back look a tad better. Regardless, very happy with it. Here it is front and back...

HoS92Back_zpse29872d6.jpg

The front cover is centered wonderfully. No easy feat on this book. Congrats!

Great issue written by Stan Lee.

I loved this comic as a kid and easily read it 1,000 times. Best HULK vs. THOR fight in comics. Almost the entire comic is a fight between them, and they beat the hell out of each other. lol

The story also has a lesson about how pride can cause us to do the wrong thing in life. Hulk kicks the out of Thor, and Thor keeps coming back for more because he has too much pride to give up or surrender. In the end Hulk is the one who stops fighting claiming victory, and Thor is forced to look at all the destruction and death around him they caused because he kept fighting. If he would have simply said, yeah Hulk you're stronger it would have been avoided. The title of the story was "Be Thou God or Monster!" referring to Thor's revelation at the end.

One of the few issues written by Stan Lee in the 80's, this book is incredibly tough to find in CGC 9.8. There are 3 blue and 2 yellow on the census, and I have 1 of each. I have no idea who signed the other yellow label, so this might be the only CGC 9.8 SS by Stan Lee....

It's also my 1st book signed by Stan Lee:

Thor385CGC98SSCopy_zps90ceffe9.jpg

Got some high grade #1's and first appearances… Today is a good day. #57 is pretty beat, but it was a cheap first copy so I'm not complaining.

image_zps16d7e74a.jpg

I wanted to acquire some Warlock issues too. I need to figure out what other key issues to get.

image_zps39a9093e.jpg