• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,064 posts in this topic

Some buys today from the LCS. Usually they don't have this many keys, but caught them at the right time with a new collection.

20140808_165626_zpsa129f406.jpg

:o

Some buys today from the LCS. Usually they don't have this many keys, but caught them at the right time with a new collection.

I can't imagine buying these at an LCS! Did you get a good deal? I usually expect an LCS to charge 9.8 prices for mid-grade books...

I can't imagine buying these at an LCS! Did you get a good deal? I usually expect an LCS to charge 9.8 prices for mid-grade books...

They were all priced nicely. None were super crazy deals, but the ASM 194 in VF for $12 was pretty cheap. Happiest to get the ASM 101 in VF. That one seems to have gone a little nuts lately.

This arrived yesterday from Ajulliay

large.jpg

Shiney :cloud9:

He sent it to me for no other reason than he thought I would really enjoy it. An amazing gesture.

You rule Andre :headbang:

That Marvel calendar is sweet.

Quite an eclectic week for me.

music_zpsf13ccd42.jpg

photo_zpsd7571182.jpg

cracked7_zpscb50b787.jpg

L_D_zps913278fb.jpg

I believe the Love & Death is a 1st print softcover (I've read there is a 2nd?). Could have sworn it used to be listed in Overstreet, but I looked through the first 14 before giving up. SOTI was first listed in #9 & POP in #10. The listings in #10 say to "See 'Love and Death'", but I couldn't find it. Must be getting old.

My haul from Boston Comic Con. Recently went through my vol. 1 Cap run and discovered that I was missing #'s 155, 168 and 176! So picked those up along with a beautiful copy of Sgt. Fury 13. The Marvel Masterworks were buy 2 get 5 free so I couldn't pass that up! :headbang:

14887439635_d836257f78_b.jpg

....oooooh how I would love to find a deal like that on Masterworks....

Atlas has really been heating up lately but on a positive note...that seems to be flushing copies out of the woodwork. I think a large part of the volatility of Atlas is due to the fact that while there have been increases, a typical Atlas with a cool cover is still only a couple hundred or less in a real sharp mid grade state. Folks can still sock 'em away without too much remorse.... it makes for a real friendly collector's environment. They're not everywhere, so the thrill of the hunt is still there..... and they're kind of neat. Many of the artists have that zany irreverent style that foreshadows the Underground Comix movement of a decade or so later. Maneely is still very under rated in the larger collecting community..... here's a cool splash from a tough book that was well below a hundred bucks.Right now, the Atlas canon reminds me a whole lot of the Marvel Pre Hero market of the last 5 or 6 years. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SPACEMAN002.jpg

SPACEMAN003.jpg

Double post, but I don't care as I haven't been this stoked about Con pick-ups in years! A little JAM to kill the day and two OA pick-ups (all from some of the coolest a nicest artists out there today).

VampirellaampNosferatu_TEXampRaney_zps4781f9df.jpg

TEX & Raney

JudgeDredd_SScott_zps0b17db1b.jpg

Scott

GOTG_NBradshaw_zps4f805fff.jpg

Bradshaw

Atlas has really been heating up lately but on a positive note...that seems to be flushing copies out of the woodwork. I think a large part of the volatility of Atlas is due to the fact that while there have been increases, a typical Atlas with a cool cover is still only a couple hundred or less in a real sharp mid grade state. Folks can still sock 'em away without too much remorse.... it makes for a real friendly collector's environment. They're not everywhere, so the thrill of the hunt is still there..... and they're kind of neat. Many of the artists have that zany irreverent style that foreshadows the Underground Comix movement of a decade or so later. Maneely is still very under rated in the larger collecting community..... here's a cool splash from a tough book that was well below a hundred bucks.Right now, the Atlas canon reminds me a whole lot of the Marvel Pre Hero market of the last 5 or 6 years. GOD BLESS...

SPACEMAN002.jpg

SPACEMAN003.jpg

Jimbo,great taste and great posts always.I have you to thank for my first Atlas book,Menace 4,just reposted recently.Still love it and read at least once a year.

Happy collecting!!!

Jimbo,great taste and great posts always.I have you to thank for my first Atlas book,Menace 4,just reposted recently.Still love it and read at least once a year.

Happy collecting!!!

+1 (except the bit about the Meance 4 lol )