• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,057 posts in this topic

This was a surprise in the mail yesterday, May issue of Game Informer with cover art by Alex Ross. Unfortunately it has the subscription crease down the middle and the back cover has a printed address label.

5acf3f2839719_GameInformer_May2018.thumb.jpg.00eb2d405f89d8bd6e4073264d3cc664.jpg

Edited by Jimbo749

@Jimbo749

Are you putting a piece of printer paper over the comic when you scan?

If not, try that because it will increase the edges or borders to scan the comic... Will really help if you end up posting in spare a grade forum....:foryou:

49 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Jimbo749

Are you putting a piece of printer paper over the comic when you scan?

If not, try that because it will increase the edges or borders to scan the comic... Will really help if you end up posting in spare a grade forum....:foryou:

I didn't use any any backing paper, so the scan had a large white border that I cropped out.  Will plain copy paper work,  or should i use heavier stock?  

2 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I didn't use any any backing paper, so the scan had a large white border that I cropped out.  Will plain copy paper work,  or should i use heavier stock?  

Plain will work, it will just ensure that you can see edges..

6 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that you cropped some out....:shy:

No worries then, but plain copy paper works fine for when you need to see the edges. Sometime "photoscan" can format it weird where it is hard to see the fine edges. Maybe try it and look at the difference and see what you think. :foryou:

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that you cropped some out....:shy:

No worries then, but plain copy paper works fine for when you need to see the edges. Sometime "photoscan" can format it weird where it is hard to see the fine edges. Maybe try it and look at the difference and see what you think. :foryou:

A little better with a board behind it, I'll have to mess around with it some more.

006.thumb.jpg.fe959bb2a819127e0e6bbdcd6687bd97.jpg