• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

You are going to encapsulate one page from Hulk 180???

Yes. People send pages for encapsulation all the time. Only difference is the label will have a "PG" for page where the grade would normally be. All the other information on the label would be the same just with "16th page only" notated. 

4 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yes. People send pages for encapsulation all the time. Only difference is the label will have a "PG" for page where the grade would normally be. All the other information on the label would be the same just with "16th page only" notated. 

I know, action 1 whatever, this is a page from a $150 common book. But if you enjoy it and maybe want to display it I guess it's like paying for framing.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I know, action 1 whatever, this is a page from a $150 common book. But if you enjoy it and maybe want to display it I guess it's like paying for framing.

At this point you may be able to find a coverless or .5 graded for lowish price but even beater copies with stained pages are ~ 150. I got lucky and found one for under 100. I'm not doing it for resale purposes at least for now. Besides who knows what a beat up 180 would go for 20/30 years from now? It's a piece of history as far as I'm concerned! Why not slab it?

Edited by MGsimba77

6 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

At this point you may be able to find a coverless or .5 graded for lowish price but even beater copies with stained pages are ~ 150. I got lucky and found one for under 100. I'm not doing it for resale purposes at least for now. Besides who knows what a beat up 180 would go for 20/30 years from now? It's a piece of history as far as I'm concerned! Why not slab it?

A slabbed 7.0 missing the value stamp just sold for $156 on eBay. But do what makes you happy. I'd hang it on the wall like any art.

Let me correct that..  If my wife let me (which she would not) I would hang it on the wall. Currently I have no open wall space in my comic cave because I have shelves and boxes to the ceiling...

Anyway, cgc had better give you that "wolverine" designation for your $40!

Edited by the blob

4 hours ago, the blob said:

A slabbed 7.0 missing the value stamp just sold for $156 on eBay. But do what makes you happy. I'd hang it on the wall like any art.

This copy without the mvs (noted in the description) that may be a similar grade just auctioned for ~250 with shipping so who knows (shrug) https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-180-Oct-1974-Marvel-1st-cameo-appearance-Wolverine-WOW-/263999744518

35 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

This copy without the mvs (noted in the description) that may be a similar grade just auctioned for ~250 with shipping so who knows (shrug) https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-180-Oct-1974-Marvel-1st-cameo-appearance-Wolverine-WOW-/263999744518

? My point was that you can get a non putrid copy for $150 and it is very common . as an art object this may be worth the slanging fee, but not for the page inside.

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

? My point was that you can get a non putrid copy for $150 and it is very common . as an art object this may be worth the slanging fee, but not for the page inside.

If he waited until it was a $1500 book in the lowest grade, it would be too late... :foryou: Nothing wrong with taking an incomplete book that is going to get qualified or restored and rescuing the pages at this point....edit: as long as the money-shot page is intact and white pages.....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/30/2018 at 12:40 PM, the blob said:

Let me correct that..  If my wife let me (which she would not) I would hang it on the wall. Currently I have no open wall space in my comic cave because I have shelves and boxes to the ceiling...

Anyway, cgc had better give you that "wolverine" designation for your $40!

Man, anyway you could convince her?  That's my favorite thing... hanging up classic covers on the wall.  My wife only lets me do 1, but its enough  to enjoy.  

47 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Got this slab from a seller I trust but what are those things on th e side of the slab?

D3944F8F-133E-4144-90E1-B50F66E63CC6.thumb.jpeg.96bac675da81d58aa9fd3bba83877e93.jpeg2485E55D-FF5B-4A7A-B5A8-B076BCE2953D.thumb.jpeg.10ddb6b2e6207a25cf8964955aaaa68b.jpeg

Some slabs have those, that's normal, they're holders to keep the book in place  :foryou:

On 10/31/2018 at 6:43 PM, Wolverinex said:

Man, anyway you could convince her?  That's my favorite thing... hanging up classic covers on the wall.  My wife only lets me do 1, but its enough  to enjoy.  

I doubt it. She is starting to hate comicdom as my youngest is now into the characters along with TBE older. She had two boys, this should not be a shocker to her. Would she rather have them blabbering about sports teams? Anyway, this was a boring week. Bought some stuff, none of it is worth posting.

3 hours ago, comicartfan said:

I got a couple of books this morning. 

The SS 1 came from

Bob Storms at Rhode Island Comic Con and he was awesome to work with on this bad boy.

The GL 76 came from MCS and I figured it was time to add it back to the collection. 

620EF538-C01C-4EA4-AE20-1F2E75F3A1BE.jpeg

DA1BED67-5175-414A-9776-0A3A33513818.jpeg

I saw your post on Fb...good stuff man