• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,199 posts in this topic

Terry Brooks is a very popular author, the Sword of Shannara is his first work, and he has been writing that series (most are New York Times bestsellers) for over thirty years. This book had only 3500 copies printed, and went on to sell many, many copies between bookclub editions and numerous printings. One of the most Popular fantasy books since Tolkien.

Love the Shanarra book Silvers...thought I was the only one on these boards that collected those...

Here's my copy that I purchased right after reading the paperback version decades ago...

shannara.jpg

Oh...and so you know Nik...the book is also desirable because of the Brothers Hildebrandt artwork... :cloud9:

Love the Shanarra book Silvers...thought I was the only one on these boards that collected those...

Here's my copy that I purchased right after reading the paperback version decades ago...

shannara.jpg

Oh...and so you know Nik...the book is also desirable because of the Brothers Hildebrandt artwork... :cloud9:

(worship)

shannara.jpg

Wow! Im jealous...you bought the HB new!

Have these as well?

elf.jpg

wishsong11.jpg

I found Elfstones very tough to find.

Doc, is this the D&S special? Looks a bit like it.

Andy

This one came from Quality Comix, so I seriously doubt it especially since D&S's was a 9.2, but it is the same issue. I have a scan of the "trimmed" one for posterity.

Andy

This one came from Quality Comix, so I seriously doubt it especially since D&S's was a 9.2, but it is the same issue. I have a scan of the "trimmed" one for posterity.

azgdiv.jpg

Andy

azgdiv.jpg

Judging from the way the spine lays it looks like it was pressed as well.

Andy

azgdiv.jpg

Judging from the way the spine lays it looks like it was pressed as well.

It was also slightly miswrapped and all he cut off was essentially the overhang.