• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Experience with CGC Submission
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I just received my first CGC Submission and I wanted to start out with this topic as a very sincere and appreciative Thank You to the CGC team. Job Done.

My 1st submission had a few blips and scrapes along the way, but at the end of my entire experience:

• Customer service was very quick and helpful to fix any issues I had, mitigating these issues that happened
  • CGC was easy to get in touch with, and I did not feel as though I was being avoided or neglected
  • The grading process was slow at first, but informative, and accurately timed. It ended quickly and shipping was ultra fast.
  • CGC grades were fair and accurate. I can't say that I agree with every grade, but my estimates were extremely close, and in 1 instance it game in higher than I expected.

All in all, it ended on a great note. My submission wasn't huge, but they were books I consider to be some modern grail books.

Anyway, Thank you CGC

It would be nice to hear how others' 1st experiences have gone, as I know a bad 1st impression is hard to shake.

Well that's great and all , but let's see some pics of your books!

My first and only submission was at a con in Long Beach, and personally I was a bit surprised by the findings.

I had a Werewolf b6 Night 32 that I thought would get a 9.0 and it got a 9.4.

Another one was an Amazing Spider-Man 238 that I thought was a perfect candidate for a 9.6, and it got an 8.5 Wha! (shrug)

Otherwise I would hate to mail my books to CGC for fear that they would get lost in the mail, so I don't submit. 

I was also afraid that my guesses would be way off, as you never know! I think I'm a good grader until you get a professional to look them over.

To be fair too, all my books were modern, so I feel like they are obviously much easier to guess and grade myself. I would struggle with older books.

Here are the 4 main books

A few copies of the detective 880 virgin black foil as well

20181021_124842.jpg

20181021_113209.jpg

20181021_113225.jpg

20181021_112557.jpg

3 hours ago, D2 said:

I was also afraid that my guesses would be way off, as you never know! I think I'm a good grader until you get a professional to look them over.

To be fair too, all my books were modern, so I feel like they are obviously much easier to guess and grade myself. I would struggle with older books.

Here are the 4 main books

A few copies of the detective 880 virgin black foil as well

20181021_124842.jpg

20181021_113209.jpg

20181021_113225.jpg

20181021_112557.jpg

??

22 hours ago, Schmakt said:

I love the matching marker colors on those... Very cool :)

Thanks!

I'd by lying if I said I didn't put way too much thought into it and bought the only acrylic paint pens I could trust.

A lot of people don't seem to like or trust them, but I took a chance. It was the green for 880 that got it all started.

20180622_132222[1].jpg

20180908_150546[1].jpg

20180908_151425[1].jpg

20180902_223920[1].jpg