• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Popular Teen-angers #13, LB Cole, 6.0 slabbed
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Fresh back from CGC is this hard to find romance comic with a classic LB Cole cover.  Case is perfect and this is a stunner for a 6.0, I was thinking half a grade or full grade better (I may not be impartial however).  Only 5 on the census with a 7.5 being highest.  This book has NOT been cleaned or pressed.

RULES:  1st “take it” in the thread by a buyer or myself wins the book.  period.  Payment within 48 hours please, Paypal preferred.

SHIPPING:  $15.95 any where in North America.  Insured cost anywhere else.

RESTRICTIONS:  No proxies or HOS members.

MY REP:  Lots of small to medium purchases and sales on the boards ($100-$2000).  Same username on eBay with perfect feedback as buyer and seller

RETURNS:  No problem as I am sure I will miss this book!  Let me know within 7 days of receiving the book, postage on you.

Edited by 427Impaler

7 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

Fresh back from CGC is this hard to find romance comic with a classic LB Cole cover.  Case is perfect and this is a stunner for a 6.0, I was thinking half a grade or full grade better (I may not be impartial however).  Only 5 on the census with a 7.5 being highest.  This book has NOT been cleaned or pressed.

RULES:  1st “take it” in the thread by a buyer or myself wins the book.  period.  Payment within 48 hours please.

SHIPPING:  $15.95 any where in North America.  Insured cost anywhere else.

RESTRICTIONS:  No proxies or HOS members.

MY REP:  Lots of small to medium purchases and sales on the boards ($100-$2000).  Same username on eBay with perfect feedback as buyer and seller

Am I missing the price?

Great looking book.

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Very cool book!  Falls into the "if I didn't already have a copy ..." category. 

You're one of the boardies whose collection I would most like to see …… you could even blindfold me before you brought me over. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

10 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I will never understand CGC grading.  Why is that book only a 6.0?  Why not a 7.0?hm

Thanks, I agree.  The book was amazing in hand, rock solid spine and virtually no creasing.  Maybe the CR/OW pages?  Also sorry about the pics, still looking for a good slab scanner.

20 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I will never understand CGC grading.  Why is that book only a 6.0?  Why not a 7.0?hm

Because they are not consistent. 

8 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

Thanks, I agree.  The book was amazing in hand, rock solid spine and virtually no creasing.  Maybe the CR/OW pages?  Also sorry about the pics, still looking for a good slab scanner.

Bob how are the staples on this one? It’s  the only other thing I can think of. They look as if they are rusting or oxidizing?  Tough to tell from pic. 

36 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Bob how are the staples on this one? It’s  the only other thing I can think of. They look as if they are rusting or oxidizing?  Tough to tell from pic. 

Grader notes are "gloss smear front and back cover, staining at staples" 

Here is a better pic of the staples, some oxidation but not severe:

IMG_1640.jpg

I have had the "gloss smear" notation on 2 books in my last submission to CGC.  One was obviously this book and the other was my JIM 83.  Books were from 2 different purchases and I could personally see no sign of a gloss smear on either. I guess I should have opted for the optional cleaning? xD