• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who's going to be in San Diego?!?

36 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, if you see a tall guy with a black backpack and looks like this...

hike3.jpg

Stop him and say hello. Then direct him to all Schomburg Nedors you've seen since you arrived! hi.gif

Hey everybody, if you see a tall guy with a black backpack and looks like this...

hike3.jpg

Stop him and say hello. Then direct him to all Schomburg Nedors you've seen since you arrived! hi.gif

In my best Godfather voice, "If we do this favor for you...Jeff...there are certain things you must do for us."

West

I'll be there - been to every one since 1979! Can't let that streak end....

Great, you've got me beat by a mile. I've been to every one since 1992. laugh.gif

Well, you have me beat. I've been every year since 2003, except for last year. OK, I've been once. smile.gif

This will be my first ever trip to SD, and I am excited beyond belief! I can't wait to spend two and half days drowning in a sea of geekdom!!! Yeehaw!

I have been agonizing for weeks about what I'm going to buy. Do I want a big $$$ book (well, big for me), smaller $$$ books, or perhaps a piece of Kirby art? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Most of all, though, I'm looking forward to hanging out with my comic buddies. cloud9.gifyay.gif

jimm94,

You'll have a great time. Go for the big ticket book ....Cough..... FF#1...... Cough.....Upgrade.....Cough....NM..... see ya there

Due to hurricane Dennis, i had to cancel my flight + hotel. Dennis did fairly minimal damage in my area, and received a notice that the airport will reopen @ 4 am tomorrow. American Airlines said that although my ticket was cancelled, it's still good for this Wednesday (if i dont show, then i get it refunded). That's all fine and dandy, 'cept now i dont have a place to stay - all hotels in the area are booked.

Any of you folks willing to share a room? I will split the hotels costs. My dates are the 13th - 18th.

27_laughing.gif NM?!?!? I don't think so, but I was actually thinking about bringing my copy as trading fodder in case a better, but still affordable copy presented itself.

Question for CW and everyone - Do you feel the con gets pretty picked over for low grade Marvel silver age keys by Friday? I'll miss the sneak preivew on Wednesday, and all of Thursday. I just have a feeling that books in this category that aren't priced obscenely high will be snatched up by then.

Anyone who will be attending the Comic Con come over to Southern California Comics Booth 815 and say hi as I will be displaying my books there and making frequent stop-overs.

I posted a list of what I am bringing in the marketplace and won't repeat that in this thread, but you can view in person some of the following rare beauties:

All American Comics 16 CGC 4.5

Batman 2 CGC 9.2

Batman 5 CGC 9.0

Batman 6 CGC 9.2

Comic Cavalcade 1 CGC 8.5

Daredevil Battles Hitler 1 CGC 8.5

Four Color 9 CGC 8.5

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.0

Mad 1 CGC 9.8 Gaines file copy

Showcase 4 CGC 9.2

Sub-mariner 1 CGC 6.5

Legal disclaimer: This posting is to encourage viewing only, and is not designed to generate any sales. hi.gif