• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF 52 Jury is In...

33 posts in this topic

I think in the old days where you had a choice of VF or NM sure my book is VF,   I seen some real dogs on this site with the same grade.  Grader comments were light wear spine and spine corners, WHITE pages.  Maybe they pulled some ink off mine when they pressed it.  I will know when it arrives.  This was my first graded book, im disappointed but not surprised.

12 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I think in the old days where you had a choice of VF or NM sure my book is VF,   I seen some real dogs on this site with the same grade.  Grader comments were light wear spine and spine corners, WHITE pages.  Maybe they pulled some ink off mine when they pressed it.  I will know when it arrives.  This was my first graded book, im disappointed but not surprised.

Baaahhh, Who cares how CGC graded it, that's a "Near Mint" raw on ebay everyday!

That's the grade I thought you might get...… after a few dozen submissions you'll get a feel for their grading …. and it's THEIR grade that matters, not ours …. that is, if slabbing is your goal. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

16 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Seriously, you are going about this all wrong. I would turn over the raw collection to an auction house, like Comiclink. They will take care of the evaluation, submitting to CGC, etc. You do have to commit to selling the books on their site. There should be no upfront costs to you as they will take any grading fees out of your sales. They can also get your books graded at a discount rate. There will be a 10% commission on the sales. I am not an employee of Comiclink, just a fan. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, Karl Liebl said:

And its an.... 8,  I guess pressing just couldn't overcome the rack rash on it.  I need to get the book back to see if pressing made any difference at all, its shipped now.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6dc.jpg.30a7ca0bd73382aa0e03f4411360e0b2.jpg

What were you expecting...CGC9.2?

If you're not satisfied, crack>press>resubmit:baiting:

The actual grader notes were light wear top edge, light wear lower edge and light wear spine.  Note on label will say WHITE pages,  They got two books on eBay that are 8 that look same as mine.  I dont see a lot of wear on top edge and bottom edge except at spine corners that are rounded slightly.  I think they low balled me but im not a pro grader.  CCS did the pressing already, no point in doing it again.  The book better not have any visible rack rash left beyond missing ink or they did a lousy job.  Maybe it fell apart during pressing I dont know.  Its 52 year old newspaper.  I will post more pics when the slab arrives soon.  This company is here to protect the consumer, right?  You guys should be happy and confident to buy their products and that such a service exists.  Im not planning to argue about it with them.  Its a VF copy but maybe an 8.49999999.  And yes I could always crack it open no harm no foul.

it is hard to tell what defects are on the FF52 due to the lighting in the picture you have posted that hides most of the spine. The bottom right corner has a small crease, I can see some spine creases. Need to see the rest of the book to get a good idea why it got an 8.0

Is this the same book from the poster's original thread? If yes, based on the noticeable edge wear in the picture, larger color breaking spine creases, the multiple creases in the top right corner, and the crease in the bottom right corner, I would be extremely happy with an 8.0 since I would be expecting a 6.0/6.5 going in...................

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_630.jpg.a1b69c2b42aaa002ab69c4faa946faf7.jpg

Edited by kimik

7 minutes ago, kimik said:

Is this the same book from the poster's original thread? If yes, based on the noticeable edge wear in the picture, larger color breaking spine creases, the multiple creases in the top right corner, and the crease in the bottom right corner, I would be extremely happy with an 8.0 since I would be expecting a 6.0/6.5 going in...................

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_630.jpg.a1b69c2b42aaa002ab69c4faa946faf7.jpg

Thanks for this picture.

The top right corner creases, the top left edge wear, the spine ticks, the bottom right corner crease, the bottom left blunted wear = I see why it got an 8.0.

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Thanks for this picture.

The top right corner creases, the top left edge wear, the spine ticks, the bottom right corner crease, the bottom left blunted wear = I see why it got an 8.0.

I am surprised it was not lower, to be honest. Those dark covers show everything.

6 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Im learning.  There are no lost profits, all the books were free...

Yes, you are learning, but obviously at a cost. You are spending too much on fees between choosing the wrong submission tiers and submitting for pressing where it will not benefit. I guarantee by the time you are finished with this collection you will know what you SHOULD have done. BTW, what exactly is 'rack rash' ? Never heard that term before.