• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

Airboy Comics  V3 #4

Bit of  a  wobble  to  the FC,  not as noticeable in hand,   chips out  lower  edge FC, light  water  top  edge FC,   and  the BC  has  been  stuck 
to  another  book  at one time or another  and  there  was   ink and paper transfer  both  directions.  Rusty  staples  with migration. 
Tight enough,  cream - offwhite pages.

Grab  a decent reader for $20

nTgTBR5.jpg

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hey, probably cheaper than roses and so much more thoughtful!  :x

Um... well, to be honest. I will include that with roses. Take my word, believe me... I got good advice from ladies, that all women likes and expects roses. Anything goes with flowers is considered as bonus leverage. :x

Just now, Fan Boy said:

Um... well, to be honest. I will include that with roses. Take my word, believe me... I got good advice from ladies, that all women likes and expects roses. Anything goes with flowers is considered as bonus leverage. :x

Everybody  but  my  wife.   She  doesn't  care for  roses,   and prefers  carnations.  But then  I  don't  send her  flowers  on  Valentines  Day,  I  pick  a  couple   random  days
during  the  year  and  send  her  flowers.  Oh,  and  always  on  Armstrong Day.

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Everybody  but  my  wife.   She  doesn't  care for  roses,   and prefers  carnations.  But then  I  don't  send her  flowers  on  Valentines  Day,  I  pick  a  couple   random  days
during  the  year  and  send  her  flowers.  Oh,  and  always  on  Armstrong Day.

If I do that, I always get “What did you do wrong?”...:devil:

Edited by Robot Man

Here we  go,   last  book  of  the  afternoon  session,. 

Astonishing  33

Lower  spine  split  to the staple,   small  split  upper spine,  Tiny  tear  and chip BC,   tiny  tear  and  light  rubbing  FC.  Small  tear  interior, 
lower  staple  rusty  with  a  bit of  migration. 

Tight spine and CF,   good  gloss,  offwhite pages.

Asking  $50  SOLD!

LP1ISwB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

If I do that, I always get “What did you do wrong?”...:devil:

HAW!  You  shoulda  started  doing that  sort  of  thing  while  you  were still  courting,  like  I  did!  Ya gotta  think  ahead. 

...and  there  it  is,   done  for the afternoon,   back   this  evening around  8  PM  with  another   batch of 20 or so. 

Couple  of  gems,   couple  of  oddballs,    an  the usual  mixed  grille.  

We'll  have  cawfee,   we'll  tawk. 

15 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I love roses, but I'm very allergic to them, so the "all women" thingy;) not so much, lol...but it's a sweet idea:)

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I love roses, but I'm very allergic to them, so the "all women" thingy;) not so much, lol...but it's a sweet idea:)

Well,   there's   always   a  bouquet  consisting  of  a  bottle  of  Four  Roses...

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Your are right in what yo said ... especially with allergies.  I’m just an old bachelor man, so that was what I was told years ago ... oh well. A catrick339 is right what he said ...  think ahead and know your love better than your enemy! It will save my hide. 

27 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Here we  go,   last  book  of  the  afternoon  session,. 

Astonishing  33

Lower  spine  split  to the staple,   small  split  upper spine,  Tiny  tear  and chip BC,   tiny  tear  and  light  rubbing  FC.  Small  tear  interior, 
lower  staple  rusty  with  a  bit of  migration. 

Tight spine and CF,   good  gloss,  offwhite pages.

Asking  $50

LP1ISwB.jpg

take

19 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Well,   there's   always   a  bouquet  consisting  of  a  bottle  of  Four  Roses...

You have met me, right;) :foryou: That's for the "other" Sky you know;) 

@Fan Boy My husband still buys me roses. He has never remembered I'm allergic to them and honestly, it's fine, lol...it's the semi thought;)

Looks like things  are   forming up nicely  for  tonight's session,  but you all need  something  to  amuse yourselves  with  in  the meanwhile.

Here's  a  recap through  last  night.  

Anything on the list  that isn't  marked   FIRM   is  now  available   for  20 percent  discount.

If it's  marked  FIRM  it's  FIRM.  

GO NUTS.  GANG!

See you  at 8  PM

RECAP

UPDATED,  SEE  PAGE  19

Edited by catrick339

Nary  a  bargainhunter in the bunch,  eh?  Tough  crowd,  lol

Let's  rock. 

Bearing   in  mind  at  all times  that  there  may be  a lull  here  and there  between  9  and  10:10  if  something  juicy  happens on  TWD.

George  Pal's Puppetoons 19

Last issue

Spine  taped  inside,  plenty  of  general wear,  chips off  lower edge  FC, small tears lower edge  BC. 

Tight  enough,   white  pages.  Solid  enough  reader. 

Asking $10

B91oQ3n.jpg

Ken Shannon 10

Last issue.

Mighty nice copy.  Chip out upper  spine,  whiff of general wear,  otherwise  flat,  tight,   clean,     glossy,   white pages.

Reed Crandall  cover'

Asking  $50  SOLD!

qxP161I.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's one  I've never seen  before.

Juice Use
16 pages  plus  a  wrap  around  cover in...get  this....two color.  Same  scheme  inside,  but  at  least  they  used  the  black  plate  too. 

The  whole  thing is  a  1974  diatribe  against   excessive  drinking, and  sister  publications  mentioned  inside  include  Heavy  Facts  About  Sex,  What Do  You  Do 
When You're  All  Drug  Doubt? (sic) Gut  News  For  Modern  Eaters,  and  V D Claptrap.  Printed in Syracuse,  NY

The  whole  20 page  package  is  in  great  shape,  with just  a  whiff  of  general  wear,  and  white pages.   This is  about  the size  of  a  Newsweek  magazine. 
Man.  those  New Yorkers  did  some  funny  stuff  in the 70's,  didn't  they?

Asking  $30

x9Si8BT.jpg

Tales To Astonish 11

General wear,  bit of spine roll,  small  corner off  and tear  upper   RH  BC,  small  corner off   upper  LH  FC.
Tight  enough, decent gloss,  offwhite -   white pages

Asking $60

TqSJnNj.jpg