• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Nary  a  bargainhunter in the bunch,  eh?  Tough  crowd,  lol

Oh, I am one of “bargainhunters”, alright for sure. You are off to a good start tonight sir! Be glad, I am not Negan tonight.

Western Comics 10

Bit of general wear  on  a  flat  tight  copy,    tiny tear lower  edge    BC.  Good  gloss,   tight  spine  and  CF,  white  pages.

Asking  $60

pDilnbs.jpg

Laugh Comics 31

Flat and  tight  enough,   with  general wear.  but  I'm  a  little  suspicious.   The RH  edge   of the FC is  just  waaay  to  clean 
and  straight,    I suspect it's been  trimmed.  Small  tear  LH edge BC,  lower  staple  pulled   on  CF,   white pages 

Take it  For  $45

dmRXb27.jpg

Strange  Tales 73

Giant  ant on the cover?  Must be a  prototype  Ant Man  Issue!

General  wear,   1"  split  lower  spine, tear upper  edge BC,  small  corner off lower  LH  BC.  Decent gloss,  tight  spine  and CF, 

Kirby!  Ditko!  What a concept!

Asking  $75

njDeWyC.jpg

Patsy Walker 26

The classic  painted  cover  issue.  

Half inch split upper  spine,   ink  lower FC,  bit of  general  wear.  Lies  flat,  still  has  a bit  of   gloss,  tight  spine  and  CF,  white  pages.  Light  bit of  soiling 
along  spine   BC  

Asking  $200,   FIRM

GeBwmV2.jpg

Tales To Astonish 15

Lightning   monster   on the  cover?   Must  be  an  Electro  Prototype!

One inch  split  lower  spine,   general  wear. Couple  chips off   RH edge  FC,   couple  tears  BC,   corner off  lower  RH  BC, chip off  lower  LH BC
Tight,  decent gloss,   white  pages,   couple  small  tears interior,  one touches  the  art. 

$75 takes it

5y17AsB.jpg

Four Color 444,  Marge's  Tubby

There is  a  small  chip out of the spine  near  the lower  end,  otherwise  a bit of general  wear. Flat,  glossy,   tight  with  white pages.

Asking  $35  SOLD!

cOw6bVL.jpg

Edited by catrick339

4 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Wonder if the original owner of Pasty #26 wrote on bottom of FC as a reminder to date a boy named Tommy? hm

I read that  as  Tammy  Lee  Gutt,   which  matches  the  initials on the  right.   Could  be  Tommy  though. 

Joe Palooka 10

Well,  we're back  to  Mr.  Stamp  again.  Otherwise   bit of  general  wear  on  a flat tight  copy  with  white  pages. 

This  is  the  last  Joe  Palooka  for  this  thread,  but  I  have  a  big ol'  pile  of  later issues  starting in the teens  and  going  forward.
if you're looking  for  specific issues  drop  me  a  PM  and I'll  take  a look. 

Yours for $25

zgJT7HT.jpg

Four Color 171,  Charlie McCarthy

Mr.  Stamp  upper  LH  FC,   bit of  a  stacking wave.   Would  improve  nicely  with  a  press if  you're  so  inclined.
Chip out lower  LH  edge  FC,  bit of  general  wear.   Glossy,   tight  spine  and CF,  white pages. 

Asking  $60

j61N0N7.jpg

Tales To Astonish  12,  second  copy  of the thread.

And this one is considerably nicer  than  the first.

Small  corners off lower LH  and  upper  RH  FC,  chip out  RH  edge  FC. Small  tear upper  edge BC.
Otherwise  bit  of  general  wear.   Glossy,   flat,   clean,   tight  spine  and  CF,  white pages.

Yours  for $125

oDBxsZy.jpg

Rock and Rollo 19

Rough  reader.  Looks  nice,  but  water   across  upper  quarter  of  FC  and  BC,   some  chipping  here  and there.  Interior is okay,  tight enough  with white pages.
Upper  staple  rusty  with  plenty of  migration,. 

Grab a  reader for $5

AN3Vphd.jpg

Space Adventures 16,  Rocky Jones Space Ranger

Although  this  cover  seems  to be a  footrace  to  a  manhole,  lol

Bit of a tape  pull  style  flaw  LH  edge  of  the  R,  some  general  wear, on a glossy,  flat,  tight  copy  with   white pages.

Asking  $60

l5qxkAU.jpg

Mickey Mouse Magazine V4 #5

Far and away  the nicest of  the  four in this  thread.

Flat  and  tight,  teensy  chip  RH edge  FC,   tiny  light  stain  lower  edge  BC,   otherwise  a  bit of  general  wear,  couple  small  tears  LH  edge BC. 
Interior is  nice,  with  supple  cream pages,   couple  small tears. 

Not  bad  for  a  pre-war  book,  eh?

Asking  $100,   FIRM  SOLD!

SVhDHvB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Harvey Hits 88,  Stumbo  the  Giant

Spine roll,   small ink   upper FC.  general  wear,  upper  staple  pulled  on  CF.  Decent gloss,   white pages. 

Asking  $10

LkvBZVh.jpg

Tales To Astonish 19

Split  lower  spine,  split  with  tear into BC  upper spine, tear RH edge FC, corner off lower  RH  BC,  chipping lower  edge  BC,  small  corner off  lower  RH  FC. 
Displays  well  for  such  a  beater,  with decent gloss  and white pages.

Grab a reader for $35  SOLD!

l2sZPCw.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Four Color  452,  Raggedy  Ann  and  Andy

Touch  of  spine/stacking  roll,   bit of  general  wear  on   a  glossy,  tight  copy  with  white  pages.

Asking  $25

c4AHWLP.jpg

Hey  look,  I  tore it up  tonight,  all  while  watching  Rick  Grimes  hallucinate.

Last  book  for  the  evening. 

Mystic 36.   last precode issue.

Quarter inch  split  upper  spine,    chip out  lower  edge  FC,   a  bit of  general  wear.   Flat,   glossy,   tight spine  and CF,  offwhite pages.
Dust  shadow  LH  edge  BC.

Grab a  pretty  one  for  $150,  FIRM

hzF4jUp.jpg

There we  go!

Back  to  weekday  schedule  tomorrow,   handful  at  lunch,   big ol' pile  in  the  evening.  
I  should  be  able to finish off  everything  Tuesday  evening,   invoices   go out    Wednesday  afternoon  and  evening,    thread  should be  closed 
by  9  PM  or  so   Wednesday.

Look for me Noonish  tomorrow!