• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Y'know  I  don't  HAVE    to  do  this.  I  could  be  kicked back  in  a  recliner  right now,   scotch  and  sandwich  close  at  hand,  

But  NOOOOOOO!!  Here I am,  sober  as  Kavenaugh,     typing  my poor  fingers  to  the  bone  to  give  all  of  you   the  very  BEST  

in  weird  low-to-midgrade  funnybooks on a  regular  basis!    My  heart  is   broken!   BROKEN!  ***SOB!***

(Rick  glances  at  crowd  to  see if  anyone  is making  a  quick  sympathy  buy)

That was a show of appreciation for yeoman's work! I'm trying to add to my measly l'il stack..... :sorry:

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Y'know  I  don't  HAVE    to  do  this.  I  could  be  kicked back  in  a  recliner  right now,   scotch  and  sandwich  close  at  hand,  

But  NOOOOOOO!!  Here I am,  sober  as  Kavenaugh,     typing  my poor  fingers  to  the  bone  to  give  all  of  you   the  very  BEST  

in  weird  low-to-midgrade  funnybooks on a  regular  basis!    My  heart  is   broken!   BROKEN!  ***SOB!***

(Rick  glances  at  crowd  to  see if  anyone  is making  a  quick  sympathy  buy)

Hmmmm meatloaf sandwich scented comics with vodka waves hm

I think you may be onto something. 

Well,   I'm   not  happy  with  the  pix  but  let's  give  it  a  shot. 

Journey  Into Unknown  Worlds 30  CGC 7.0

Two scans  and  a  pic. And  take  a look  at  the reflection of  that handsome   devil  in  the pic.

Asking  $250

jMhY830.jpg

Id2j4cJ.jpg

VdwUWqq.jpg

Atomic Bomb #1

Tiny split  and   small  dogear  .lower  LH  FC,  bit of general wear.  Flat, tight spine  and  CF. still a  bit of  gloss left, white pages. 

Asking  $275

VFFZmoS.jpg

Human Torch 24

Here's  a  very  pretty  copy...that has   been taken  out of  a  bound  volume.   You've seen  several other books out of that  volume in this thread,  
and here's the odd bit,  the  interior  was NOT  trimmed.   There  were  two  many  different  titles,  too many  different  publishers,  and  too many
different  SIZES  to   trim   them  to  consistency.  So  I'm  pretty  certain  that  neither this one of  the  other  Timely coming up,  has  been  trimmed.

Four   binder holes  along  spine,   bit  of    glue  residue  along  the  spine,  chip off upper   LH  corner   FC.   Book lays  flat,   tight  spine  and CF, 
bit of gloss,  white pages.   Old  dime  store price sticker  lower  RH  BC

$350  FIRM

gzH0eQK.jpg

4 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Not to be picky, but could you clarify?

Umm,  wishful  thinking?  lol

Yep   I'm  selling  the  pictured  book.  NOPE,  not  a  6.0.  

Believe  I  had   in  mind    the  grade  on   a  book   I decided not  to  sell,   and  typed  that in  by  mistake.   Maybe  I  SHOULD  be  drinking  scotch,  :D

Just now, catrick339 said:

Umm,  wishful  thinking?  lol

Yep   I'm  selling  the  pictured  book.  NOPE,  not  a  6.0.  

Believe  I  had   in  mind    the  grade  on   a  book   I decided not  to  sell,   and  typed  that in  by  mistake.   Maybe  I  SHOULD  be  drinking  scotch,  :D

🥃 Thanks!

Mighty Mouse 4.,  Timely

CGC 7.5. two  sticky spots  on   back  side of  case,   looks  to  be  residue  from  old  stickers. 

Two scans  and  a  pic

Asking  $375  FIRM

USUbhNQ.jpg

nGWCON8.jpg

J8F1s2W.jpg

Xmas  Comics  #1. 1941

As far  as  I  know,  this   book   plus  its  sister  volumes,   Xmas 2,  and Gift  1  and 2, are the  largest  American  comics  ever  printed  at  324  pages each.

Xmas 1  and  Gift 1  came out  in  1941,   Xmas  2  and  Gift  2  in  1942.  Five  complete  early  Fawcett    comics  inside,  with  new  cover.

Splits lower  spine  FC  and BC,  general  wear,    light  pencil  FC,. two  tears on  P 1.   one  gets into upper   LH   panel  a ways.  No paper loss. 
Spine  is  a  bit  cocked,  otherwise  tight  with  white  pages.

Asking  $750  FIRM

I  don't mind keeping this one  at  all. 

QWaOWQn.jpg