• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on PQ?

4 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to get a nice copy of a comic I’ve been trying to procure, but the PQ is OWWP rather than the WP I was looking for.  

Does PQ matter that much if the comic is slabbed?  What sort of price differential should I expect?  5-10%?  Less?  

The comic in question is copper/modern age.

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Darxlot said:

I have an opportunity to get a nice copy of a comic I’ve been trying to procure, but the PQ is OWWP rather than the WP I was looking for.  

Does PQ matter that much if the comic is slabbed?  What sort of price differential should I expect?  5-10%?  Less?  

The comic in question is copper/modern age.

Thanks in advance. 

Honestly, there seems to be a ton of variance in the way they've accessed page quality over the years, at least in my humble opinion. It's rather baffling. 

Apparently the OWL card is no longer legitimate, but at least it provides some sort of visual approximation and basis for judgement. 

To the OP, it sounds like page quality is important to you, simply because you care enough to ask what you should do. If there is any doubt, wait for the exact book that you want. Sure, you may pay a small premium in the actual market, but what is it worth to you? Some people get a little too enthusiastic when it comes to pricing white page books from the silver to modern era. Becomes much more important, however, with older books or books known for relatively poor page quality (HOS92). 

I do carefully consider page quality when buying a book. But sometimes the book is so cool that page quality is merely the cherry on top. 

I would never buy a book with slightly brittle or brittle pages.