• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decisions, Decisions...
2 2

37 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sitcomics said:

No spoilers but the coffee is explained in the story.

Cheers for the response. 

I would come up with a new name besides 'Underworld'.  Fresh-always try for fresh.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I would come up with a new name besides 'Underworld'.  Fresh-always try for fresh.

It's a little tongue and cheek with "world's greatest assassin" anyway, so maybe that's how it's written (shrug) inside...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
""

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a little tongue and cheek with "world's greatest assassin" anyway, so maybe that's how it's written (shrug) inside...

Best tongue in cheek is FRESH!!!   Look at pulp fiction when it came out-very tongue in cheek but all that stuff was fresh!  It changed cinema.  

I'm not a writer but what would be a fresh word you could use instead of underworld?  Ps cops dont say vic anymore they say RP (reporting party).  If it's a dead person then they are referred to as 'the deceased'. and they dont say perp they say 'subject'.  

Edited by kav

6 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm not a writer but what would be a fresh word you could use instead of underworld?  Ps cops dont say vic anymore they say RP (reporting party).  If it's a dead person then they are referred to as 'the deceased'. and they dont say perp they say 'subject'.  

Syndicate?

Cops will say victim in like a police report "Individual was the victim of a robbery on Feb 12".  No cop has ever said "Individual was the vic of a robbery".

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

The syndicate is common, but I think has enough edge and is generic enough to create mystery and also be more specified later...

Idk lol

It's a toughie but I would come up with something or just leave it out.  Maybe "Wanted dead or alive by the hoover street crips".

I love the feedback.  Thank you!  Artist actually added the text and I really liked it. I publish mainstream super-hero books for families to read together including many 8-13 year olds who aren't as aware that some terms are less fresh than others.   And it's familiar enough to parents who can explain it without having to google it.  You'd have to try the individual comics to see if they're for you.  They're available in print but are currently free to read on ComiXology Unlimited as seen here.

14 hours ago, kav said:

I'm not a writer but what would be a fresh word you could use instead of underworld? 

Yeah....something cool, hip, and new.

Rufus?

No no no.......RUFALICIOUS!!!

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah....something cool, hip, and new.

Ruffus?

No no no.......RUFFALICIOUS!!!

Spankmeisters

14 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Awesome stuff.

Surprised a pro colors in all the blacks in pencil instead of just putting an X in the areas needing black tho.