• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE ISSUE OF COMICBOOK PRESSING...

33 posts in this topic

I personally think the issue of pressing affects golden-age more than silver or bronze. The possibility to damage a golden-age book is more likely that silver or bronze and A LOT of golden-age books have been pressed.

The Grading And Restoration folder is where any pressing discussions should take place. Unfortunately pressing has leaked into a lot of areas and the same stuff keeps gettnig rehashed.

I definitely appreciate the role of GA in the resto area. Most important. But resto is resto overall, and the same processes and ethics etc. are applicable to all ages. So the Resto Folder should be the target, even for GA Resto. smile.gif

Who said anything about resto? We were talking about pressing. poke2.gif

You rascal, NM! No. No way, Jose. No way you are gonna backdoor this. Uh uh. Nay. Nein. Nyet. Nada.

Now zip it! Zip. Zip it! Zip it!!!!!

PS - Clever. Very clever. Obe Wan has taught you well.

I personally think the issue of pressing affects golden-age more than silver or bronze. The possibility to damage a golden-age book is more likely that silver or bronze and A LOT of golden-age books have been pressed.

You have a point. That still doesn't mean I want the Golden Age forum ruined in the same way the General forum has been for me... Because of the pressing obsession I don't read General any more. If it spreads I will simply give up on the forums altogether. That would suck.

Just do what I do, ignore pressing threads. It took me a week just to see what this was about and I just don't have the will or the energy to comment on it any more. Might as well just bang my head against the wall, its easier.

You have a point. That still doesn't mean I want the Golden Age forum ruined in the same way the General forum has been for me... Because of the pressing obsession I don't read General any more. If it spreads I will simply give up on the forums altogether. That would suck.

Just do what I do, ignore pressing threads.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, simply seeing new pressing threads is annoying to me and I feel like choking people when a perfectly normal thread gets topic hijacked by people who can't seem to post about anything else.

it's some newbie posting about the comics equivalent of belly button lint or some shill posting nonsensical and inflammatory garbage."

So anyway as I was saying, my belly button lint is of such a quality that in microns it is saleable to the most discerning of Japanese buyers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

it's some newbie posting about the comics equivalent of belly button lint or some shill posting nonsensical and inflammatory garbage."

So anyway as I was saying, my belly button lint is of such a quality that in microns it is saleable to the most discerning of Japanese buyers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

That's it, I am finished with the gold forum. If people can't even provide a URL to the right section of the thread that they are referring to then I may as well stop wasting my time and go and hang out in the general area where things are more meaningful.

That's it, I am finished with the gold forum. If people can't even provide a URL to the right section of the thread that they are referring to then I may as well stop wasting my time and go and hang out in the general area where things are more meaningful.

893whatthe.gif

It takes place over several posts in the thread... sorry.gif

Unfotunately I won't be at the San Diego Con. If some posters will be in attendance I would appreciate an answer to the following questions:

1)Do the dealers have any pressed comics with them?

2)How much off guide will they be selling any pressed comics for?

After obtaining the answer to question 1 (in particular) we might find out that very, very few comics have actually been pressed.

Unfotunately I won't be at the San Diego Con. If some posters will be in attendance I would appreciate an answer to the following questions:

1)Do the dealers have any pressed comics with them?

2)How much off guide will they be selling any pressed comics for?

After obtaining the answer to question 1 (in particular) we might find out that very, very few comics have actually been pressed.

You`re assuming they will answer question 1 truthfully.