• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best scanner

6 posts in this topic

With Black Friday here am wondering if there’s a scanner under $1000 I can pickup from Best Buy that will provide decent CFC slab scans. I’ve found old threads that talk about the hp 8000 series(8300 specifically) but am looking for something off the shelf to replace my home printer/scanner. 

Thx

4 hours ago, c_mkv said:

With Black Friday here am wondering if there’s a scanner under $1000 I can pickup from Best Buy that will provide decent CFC slab scans. I’ve found old threads that talk about the hp 8000 series(8300 specifically) but am looking for something off the shelf to replace my home printer/scanner. 

Thx

I still recommend obtaining the standard 8300 or something in that line. No need to spend the money you are describing.

My scanner is a HP 7400C that I bought for $10 at a local pawn shop. As my operating system upgraded the software that came with the 7400C no longer works as it is not supported but a third party program such as Vuescan works very well.

Here is a couple of samples:

RAW

Savage%20Sword%20235_zps7qelwbnl.jpg

SLAB

Venus19_zps2yp0rtio.jpg

You can also check this thread for suggestions:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/174780-legal-size-scanner-thread/?page=68

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

My scanner is a HP 7400C that I bought for $10 at a local pawn shop. As my operating system upgraded the software that came with the 7400C no longer works as it is not supported but a third party program such as Vuescan works very well.

I paid $2 for my HP 7400C and it's been fantastic.  It's a workhorse. IMG_20181123_162920705.thumb.jpg.574d1f2a4f08f9f417905a5dfa5c9cc7.jpg

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon