• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Bags?

24 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rtsunlimited said:

I do! 

Actually here's how I bag and board my comics:

I put the comic in a Mylite and tape it closed, then use two boards, and put all that in a polypropylene bag or, for my more expensive books, a Mylar sleeve.

BTW, those old Abar bags I've been using don't seem to yellow or turn green and they also don't stick to each other like some other bags do.

This is why I'm keen on finding a replacement. 

Ah...OK.  I used to put my good books in a top loader mylar, then place that inside a magazine size polypropylene bag.  It was mainly to protect the mylar from scratches.  Now I just put everything into Gold/Silver mylites, which don't seem to scratch (but i might be wrong).  My older GA books usually need a Super Gold mylite because they are wider.  I still just put magazines into poly bags tho.  Nobody wants magazines anyway...lol

On 11/30/2018 at 5:42 PM, 1950's war comics said:
On 11/27/2018 at 4:05 PM, Sqeggs said:

A couple of months ago, I finally rebagged some books that were in Robert Bell bags.  Probably bought those circa 1970. 

were the bags yellowish green by now ?

They were definitely yellowed, but I didn't detect any green.  Hard to believe what a huge advance we thought it was back then to have bags of any kind -- I don't think anybody was using boards yet. 

On 12/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, Sqeggs said:

They were definitely yellowed, but I didn't detect any green.  Hard to believe what a huge advance we thought it was back then to have bags of any kind -- I don't think anybody was using boards yet. 

And when we did use early boards, they were almost invariably shirt cardboard.  :cloud9: